The Party

I heard a knock at the front door, and I raced out of my room, still in the middle of straitening my freshly black dyed hair. But even if I was fast, my eager guardian beat me to the door, smirking at me. Aunt Tracy opened the door, revealing Kai with his beautiful, smooth face and wearing tight dark jeans with a hoodie and a jean jacket over top. He was casual but held an air of formality as he introduced himself to Aunt Tracy.

"Hey, I'm Kai. You must be Jasper's aunt. It's a pleasure to meet you. He stuck out one of his strong hands and shook it with Aunt Tracy's.

"OH, the pleasure's all mine. Come in, come in! I am so excited to meet you, I haven't met one of Jasper's friends in a long time." The comment was innocent enough, but the context got through to Kai, as I saw his face harden a little with sympathy.

"Hey." I said smiling awkwardly, half my head styled in my usual alternative way, the other wavy and back combed a little too much. I heard Kai snort at it and I laughed myself.

"You look... very Frankenstein-like today." He said as we both started laughing.

"Shut up, I'm going to finish getting ready then I'll be right out." I said rolling my eyes. I left Kai and Aunt Tracy to talk in the living room for a minute while I rushed the rest of my weave and put on a black leather jacket and a maroon beanie.

When I came back out, the two of them were conversing in small talk, and as I walked up to them, Kai looked at me and went quiet.

"You look really good." He said shyly in front of Aunt Tracy as she winked at me from across the room.

"Thanks." I looked away from the compliment, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yup." We walked out of the apartment saying our goodbyes and went to get into Kai's beige truck. "You nervous?" Kai asked as he started the car and pulled out onto the road.

"A little. I don't really know what parties are like..." I said as I felt small butterflies start to flutter in my gut.

"They're fun." Kai said with a smile, turning up the radio, "There will be lots of different people you'll meet, some pretty cool guys from the soccer team, and some that were invited. There will be loud music and dancing and beer pong, that's the best, and what else..." He tried to think but all I could think about was that there was going to be alcohol... I'd never had any before.

"You're not drinking right?" I asked kai as he drove on, worried about how we'd get home.

"If I do, I'll make sure we have a safe way home, don't worry. There are usually a few designated drivers so they can drive us back to my place if need be." His place!? Would I sleep over there? What was he thinking? God, I was such a nervous wreck, my hands had started to shake and my teeth were on the verge of chattering.

"Hey, It will be fine. If you decide you want to leave, I'll take you home." He said with a care-filled smile.

"Okay." I said quietly and listened to the drone of music.

"We're here." Kai announced as we pulled up to a house that was booming with music and I saw the silhouettes of dancers with cups in their hands from the windows. My gut was clenched tight, tighter than my jeans. We got out of the car and stepped into the warm, night air together, walking up the steps of the party house.

"Heyyyyy...." Slurred the boy that opened the door, "Welcome dudes! Beer's in the back, pool's open and the party's just begun!" He walked over to a group of girls and started flirting with them. The house was packed with all different types of people, many I recognized from school, but the majority were new faces. I even noticed an alternative girl with snake bites and bright blue hair wink at me from the corner of the room.