Tell Me Again

I moved over so we were lying side by side on my bed, both our chests were glowing as we made an effort to regain our breath.

"Can I hold your hand?" He whispered into the room. A sweet blush covered his face as he spoke. I didn't even reply, I just grabbed onto his warm hand, It felt so natural in mine, I didn't have to worry If I was holding too tight or too loose, or if I was too cold or sweaty. It was perfect. He was perfect. I felt another surge of affection towards this boy, the same feeling I got about nine times a day, the one that kept telling me to kiss him. But every time I shut it out, this time it was different, I leaned over slightly and planted a soft, affectionate kiss on his cheek which brought even more pink into his blushing face. 

"You are always welcome to hold my hand." I whispered back, the red creeping up my own face as I spoke.

"Okay." He breathed, the intake of breath sharp, squeezing my hand in his slightly. I wondered if this was real? Was he really here? I looked over at the boy who seemed to be internally freaking out beside me and I smiled, yes, he was definitely real.

"Are you okay?" I asked him after a few seconds of watching his panicked face. 

"Um, I'm... I'm just shocked... That's all." He said, turning his head to see me staring openly at him. I smiled and he nervously returned it.

"Why?" I asked curiously. Was it different from his other relationships? Was I a bad kisser? Did he think it would be different?

"You... you...You are extraordinary." He stuttered, his words making their way slowly to my ears making a shiver run down my spine.

"What?" I said a little startled at his unexpected words. I wanted to hear him say it again, wanted to hear the words roll off his tongue like satin.

"You are... just... perfect."

"what?" I repeated as if in a daze. He was making my heart do loopty-loops. 

"Breathtaking." he whispered under his breath, and the loopty-loops continued. I was fluttering into the air, above the clouds, never wanted to hear anyone else talk but him. How could he say these things about me, so sure of himself, so pure, so...honestly. No one had ever said such nice things to me. I was always "emo" "fucking fag" "loser" "nice enough", never Breathtaking.

"What... what do you mean?" I stuttered back, finally being able to will myself to speak.

"You just... I don't know, are you. It's like you're what I've needed to feel myself again, and I've finally found you... And I'm just... So thankful." The tone of his voice so soft, it was like he was humming the words into the warm air. "I think that's why I've had a hole in my chest for so long, but now when I'm with you I fell one hundred percent... whole. I...I can't explain it, sorry if it's too cheesy." He said, getting nervous at the explosion of words coming out of his gorgeous mouth. I looked over at him again, my eyes glistening with affection, his words made my heart melt inside my warm chest. "You don't need to say anything." He said as he noticed my stunned expression. I blinked, trying to process his words. He had just confessed to me, he had told me all the things I had hoped that he felt. I shifted my head on the pillow we were sharing and cuddled into the side of his toned body. I heard him sigh softly and we just lay there side by side, soaking up the sun's rays that had seeped through my blinds.

"How's your arm?" Kai asked after a few silent minutes. Without moving my head to look at him I smiled.

"I'm fine now, thanks for coming Kai." I could almost feel his smile radiating from him.

"Any time." He chuckled and moved his body closer, bringing a strong hand up to my head and stroking my long black hair. The gentle touch seemed to lull me into a sort of trance, closing my tired eyes. I hadn't even realized that I had fallen asleep in Kai's arms until I heard the loud creek of my door opening.