Obliterated

I scrambled backwards, my hands and feet clawing at the cement, trying to get away, anything to get away from him. I knew that If I could hold him off for a little longer, Kai and Mr.S would notice... Kai would notice... he had to. The boy that descended from Hades was on me again, His fist grabbing the front of my shirt, jerking me up to face his razor-sharp face.

"Fucking Fag." He snarled as he dropped me into a heap on the cement. My body feeling like glass, shattering upon impact. I had to clamp my teeth over my lips to keep from letting a pained cry escape me. He brought back his foot and all I could think was " No! Please, not this again!" I curled myself into a ball, trying to protect my insides from the reign of his boots. But in doing so my arms got in the way and as the steel-toed force crashed into my frail arm, I heard an ear-splitting crack and white pain shot out of my body like the rays of an exploding star.

A strangled cry pierced out of my throat and all the noise in the world went silent. My eyes were clenched shut like before, my mind was dizzy, spinning, whirling around in circles as the pain climbed up my arm like Mount Everest. The boy In front of me smiled, a wicked and devious grin as he looked down at my cracked body. Tears streaming down my face without permission and my breaths hitched deep down my chest. I was shattered, I was a million pieces of broken boy sprawled out on the ground like the garbage everyone said I was. My self worth falling down a landfill far too gone for me to reach and take back. I wanted to just escape, I wanted to just disappear, I wanted to be invisible.

"You're a worthless piece of shit." I heard and the boy version of the devil spat on me from the skies.  I felt like a worthless piece of shit. 

After nobody came, I found myself lying on the pavement, the sun's heat baking my body into a sticky goo. I tried to stand up, to pull myself together but my broken arm seemed to stop my motion completely. As I laid there helplessly I stared up to the sky, the bright blue sky that held no clouds. Was I worth this life? Was it worth all the good things just to be replaced with these bad things all the time? I have been putting up with it my whole life on the premise that it gets better, but does it really? 

As I laid with my thoughts I heard a voice outside of my head. I turned back to earth and saw Kai's face scrunched into an agonizing and aching expression. Tears in the corners of his eyes as he looked down on me from the spot where the devil had stood, his heart breaking.

"God..." He whispered as he keeled down and as gently as he could, scooped me up into his comforting arms. I exhaled a shaky breath as my chest wracked the remains of sobs. My face was pressed into the fabric of his shirt, creating circles of salty tears. "Shhh. Shhh. It's okay now. It's going to be okay." He whispered over and over into my ears as he rubbed my back, carrying me to his truck. 

How often was this going to become? Kai rescuing me from hate attacks and taking me to this ugly, beige truck. Would this be what our life would be like together? I didn't want this. I didn't want to have to be rescued, I didn't want to be saved. I wanted to exist like everyone else, I wanted to feel human. Instead I am an exiled beast, thrown away by the people of this planet, and only loved by the few that cared enough to see that I am only just lost. 

"God..." Kia whispered under his breath again as he gently put me down to open the car, realizing that my arm was angled in an unnatural direction. "Who. The. Hell. Did. This.?" He said, anger now boiling in his blood, but his voice kept at a calm level. I could see that rage inside him again, I was glad that it was not directed towards me.

"I don't know." I whispered, my voice cracking in the process, like my arm.

"I am so done with this!" He shouted up to the sky, his rage frying the air around him, "Why can't they just leave you alone!?" He was screaming now. Letting the birds know just how done he really was.

"I'm sorry." I whimpered from the passenger seat as he buckled the seat belt around me. I could see him coming back down from the sky, grounding himself again as he looked at me with sorrowful, apologetic eyes. 

"No. You never have to be sorry to me." He brought up a hand and sweetly stroked my hair, my head turning into his palm, yearning for the comfort. After a few seconds he closed the door, and got into the drivers seat. The radio stayed off this time and we just listened to the silent soundtrack of anger and pain. 

The hospital wasn't too far from the school and when we arrived at emergency we were immediately seated in a long line down a corridor. A nurse came to inspect my injuries after a while and then told me that it was just a fracture, it would heal over time. I was too out of it to talk to anyone, so as we waited for what seemed like hours, I rested my head on Kai's shoulder as he stroked my long hair. We went without speaking for the longest time, although it wasn't awkward I felt that there was a certain tension in the way that Kai was brooding. What was he thinking? Was he angry at me? Did he regret rescuing me and being stuck in the hospital? Or was he angry at the jocks fro doing this? The latter seemed more like him, but my self doubt was at a sky rocketing high. 

Eventually the doctor came out and put my arm in a cast, it was white and stank already. I could see just how attractive this was going to make me; I cringed. Kai took me home after we called Aunt Stacy and he left my apartment with a quick goodbye. He seemed pretty out of it too. 

That night as I laid in bed I thought about kai and how he must be re-thinking us. How he wouldn't want to be with someone who couldn't take care of themselves and would only be a burden to him. How he would probably want to break up with me even though we haven't really gone out yet.