Burning

When the knock at the door sounded, my heart started pounding.

"I'll get it Jasper, You stay and rest!" Aunt Tracy called from the living room where she had been watching an obnoxiously loud T.V show. I could hear her greeting Kai as she opened the door  but couldn't make out their words. They talked for a minute until Aunt Tracy led him to my room. They walked into my bedroom, Kai was still in his soccer uniform, a duffel bag sloppily slung across his broad shoulders. His face was flushed, either from something that Aunt Tracy had said (most likely) or from the game. He smiled warmly at me as he shrugged the large, stinky bag onto the floor.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" 

"Much better now." I said smiling at him, remembering that my aunt was still in the room, a Cheshire smile spread wide on her face, knowingly.

"I'll go make some snacks!" She said cheerfully as she left the room, closing the door behind her. I exhaled as soon as we were alone, looking over at Kai as he awkwardly stood in the middle of my room, not knowing what to do.

"You going to just stand there," I said with a lighthearted laugh, "or going to come sit with me?" He smiled as he walked over and sat at the end of my bed, cautiously. I could tell that he was trying to contain his feeling, trying not to show how thrilled he was to be here with me. He looked down at his hands that were fidgeting in his lap.

"Is something wrong?" I asked him from across the bed. His posture was hunched over and he seemed restless.

"No, uh, nothing's wrong." He gave me a smile, I could tell that there was something he wanted to tell me but he was too nervous.

"You can tell me Kai." I said in a serious tone, understanding laced in my eyes.

"It's...It's fine." He said trying to shut the conversation down, "How are you feeling? Any better?" His face was contorted in a sort of flustered worry. He probably had just too many things on his mind.

"Don't change the subject you butt." I said chuckling slightly, with my usual stubbornness. He was shifting awkwardly for a second until he looked at me with those eyes. He was trying to tell me something, trying to communicate something with me. "Kai?" I asked but before he had the chance to answer he stood up and in one swift movement was over right beside me, kneeling next to the bed, his face was looming over mine and then his lips came crashing down from the heavens. He was kissing me, Kai was lip-locked with me. His breath felt like a warm summer's breeze and he tasted like the ocean. I felt his gentle hands come up and cup my face with tender care, caressing my cheeks in his palms as I kissed him back. He was holding me like I was a priceless item, I was a diamond in a sea of sand, I was an oasis, I was Eden. I felt his tongue lick my lips which sent shudders down my body, making me feel like a thousand lightning bolts encased in this glass shell of a body. I was humming with energy and Kai was the power source.

 He was the one who broke away from the kiss first, I didn't dare move away from his touch, I wouldn't care if I ever breathed again, as long as his lips were on mine.  He pulled back so he could look at me, his hands still holding my face tenderly, his eyes filled with relief and fondness. As he looked down at me, I could tell that this was what he was worried about, He wanted me to want him back... and boy did I ever.

I made the next move, closed the space in between us, bringing my good hand up to his chest, feeling the strong muscles under his shirt. Our lips were pulled together as if they were the perfect magnets, friction heating our faces, making the air between our chests into a raging fire. His lips moved in strong, purposeful movements, like he wanted to taste every inch of my mouth. The flutter in my chest and head had become a pounding drum, beating to the rhythm of our passion. His hands had moved from my face and slowly snaked down my neck, his thumbs circling over my thumping veins, feeling how fast my heart was going. Crashing like waves on the beach, our tongues intertwined and explored each other. This was new, this was so new. I had never kissed someone like this before, He was so new, I was scared and I was excited and I was relieved and I was nervous. He was beautiful like the sun, and he was everything I ever wanted, and everything I could ever dream of. 

I was electric.

I was on fire.

I was the ocean.

He was burning desire.