Chapter Three | Asriel's Choice

| Frisk POV |

Chara stood there silently, shaking slightly as her tears started to dry up.
     "Chara...?" I was really worried about her, so I did my best to hide how intrigued I was.
"Huh?" Chara snapped back into reality and wiped away some tears that weren't dried up already. "Yeah.... Yeah I'm fine, perfectly fine..." she sputtered, the voice of a liar loud and clear. I raised an eyebrow in disbelief, and she plastered on a fake smile.
I crossed my arms. "Really? You actually expect me to believe that?!" I said, angry that she didn't want to tell me.
"I-it's embarrassing.. and it's full of bad memories of all the pain I've caused..." She whimpered. I looked down, trying to understand her pain, but I've never gone on a murderous rampage before so...
"Listen... I want to know so I can help you... We're friends now, right?" I gave her a sweet smile. Being manipulative to bribe information out of her is okay right? I just want to help...
She took a few deep breaths and nodded. I smiled as she began her story, in exact detail.

| Sans POV |

I lay comfortably on the couch in our humble abode, pretending to sleep. My brain was racing, grasping onto every thought that popped into my mind.

Resetting the world... I thought about how that was possible, and why she continued to do it. I would try to talk her about it, but she'd always run from the subject.
Genocide... my life has been full of continuous loss, so many friends reduced to a thick dust. Why do I still fought for them, when the outcome is always the same?
Darkness... Something was coming near. Black and mangled. I remember this presence, it's the aura of a killer.

I turned onto my side so I was facing he back of the couch. My eyes slowly opened, it was glowing again, a piercing blue.
"I feel like an edgy teenager..." I muttered to myself.

. . . . . . . . !?

I perked up.
"Frisk?" Her bright and comforting soul was definitely near, there's no mistake.... but--

There it goes again... That awful, tormenting aura again, pushing against Frisk's gentle light. The two seemed to be together, like some sort of twisted harmony.

I slumped back into the plushy exterior, trying to let the comfort overtake me. However, I was restless and uneasy.

"What is going on..?"

| Chara POV |

After I told Frisk, I waited for her to respond with words, but her face said it all. She was surprised definitely... But there were other emotions in there too. Eventually, she spoke.
"Chara I.... I had no idea you..." Her eyes began to shimmer passion "Chara..... That story was sad but.... OMG AT THE SAME TIME THAT WAS SO CUTEEEEEE!" She squealed loudly, startling me into spirit form.
I figured that someone might take interest in the screaming, and they'd see me... but soon realized that was pointless considering nobody remembers me except for Sans... Crap.
"I MEAN, YOU COULDN'T BEAR TO KILL SOMEONE WHO BELIEVED IN YOU LIKE THAT! HE EVEN GAVE YOU EMOTIONS! SQUEEEEEE!"
I kind of wanted to punch her, but the thought of Sans frightened me. For one, he despises me and isn't hesitant to end my life... But Sans also means... Seeing Papyrus again, without killing him this time. I felt as if I couldn't move, my cheeks flushed a vibrant red and covered my face... Then I remembered an unanswered question I'd asked Frisk before.
"Uhh.... Frisk, about earlier.... You said that this save was different because of Sans?" I shivered at his name, his dialogue repeating in my ears. As I went back into human form, I remembered the fight we always have. Frisk smiled and blushed.
"W-well I've been trying to do a run where I can have Sans as my own... but it hasn't happened..." She looked to the side gave a little laugh, clearly in pain. "You're not the only one who has regrets y'know... I'm so selfish, I've been resetting just because I can't get what I want. I couldn't bear being unhappy, and I let my actions hurt Sans. Because of me, he blames you." She whispered the last part, hindering my ears. I couldn't really understand her feelings, but I comforted her.
"Uh well... you'll finally get what you want, and you won't have to suffer anymore." I took her hand. "After we cross that barrier, let's work towards becoming better people that everyone can appreciate." She smiled, on the verge of tears. But they didn't fall.
"You're right!" She cheered, her voice laced in determination. She began running towards Snowdin and I attempted to keep up.

"W-wait.... Shouldn't you go fight Asgore if your almost done with this save? Where did you last save before we accidentally went to that different world?" I asked, trying to avoid going to Snowdin because that's where Sans and Papyrus live.
"Oh! You're right! The last time I saved was after befriending Alphys in her super creepy lab... then she separated Asriel and your soul... Which means that I don't have to fight Asriel.... But I don't know if Asriel has gone to see Asgore..." Frisk crossed her arms and thought hard about this.
In the end, she decided to call Toriel to dance around the subject of Asriel, just in case she had no knowledge of his existence.

[ One call later...]

"Okay, bye!" Luckily, Asriel had gone to see Toriel first, and had explained everything that happened. Apparently Toriel wanted to see me too, but Asriel said I was stuck to Frisk like glue, which hit a nerve.

| Frisk POV |

I also spoke to Asriel about talking to Asgore, but he's been catching up with mom and it seems like she's still angry with Asgore. Azzy said he'll put her mind on the fact that I have to kill him to leave, and she'll stop both of us. I agreed, said goodbye, and hung up. I changed out direction to Asgore's castle, hoping this all goes well..