Chapter 16) Do you?

Chara POV

Fantastic. Just great.

He's probably going to tell me that I went to far, and he's gonna hate me! I didn't mean any harm I just....  lost sight of myself I guess? Well, it's to late now.

"I-I'm coming Papyrus!" I replied and went back to his room. I ran into Frisk at his doorway. She glanced at me then stared at the ground.
     "Good luck." She said quietly, and quickly walked away. Good luck for what?! Now I'm scared. I walked through the door and it shut behind me
     "What the-" I twisted the doorknob but to no avail.
     "THERE YOU ARE CHARA!" Papyrus said happily walking towards me.
"Hey...? Papyrus, why'd the door lock?" I asked, trying to be scared.
"WHAT'RE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" He walked over to the door and opened it.

What?!

"YOU'RE STRANGE CHARA... ANYWAYS, I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!" He then closed the door and went back to stand in front of me. "LISTEN, ABOUT METTATON-"

Nope.

     "Uhm... why don't we avoid that topic please? I wasn't thinking and-" Papyrus shushed me.
     "I WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU WOULD WANT TO KILL HIM JUST BECAUSE OF THAT." He asked, slightly quieter than before. I shifted in place.
     "I didn't want him to.... uh... well you know..."
     "I DON'T."
     "Right, you're uneducated... you'd think Frisk would..."
     "WHAT?"
     "Nothing!"
     "JUST EXPLAIN!"
     "Well I was suspecting that Mettaton was going to..."
     "TO WHAT?"
     "To. . . ." I placed my hand on the doorknob again.
Does it just not want to open for me!?
     "WHY DO YOU KEEP TOUCHING THE DOORKNOB?"
     "Hehe... seems to be stuck?" I continued to try and twist it open so that I could run out and get accidentally hit by car... but that wasn't happening, not if the door had anything to say about it.
     "I JUST OPENED IT! BESIDES WE'RE TALKING!" He pushed me away from the door and put himself in front of it instead.

Great.

"NOW, TO WHAT?"

Back to this...

     "I thought he was going to do indecent things."
     "WHAT DOES INDECENT MEAN?"

Kill me now.

    "It means bad or inappropriate."
    "SO WHAT KIND OF INDECENT WAS METTATON DOING TO ME?"
     "Wait.... he never got the chance to do anything... right?"
     "BESIDES RUB HIMSELF ON ME, NO. I DON'T UNDERSTAND ROBOTIC AFFECTION."
     "That's fine, I don't either. Anyways.. I meant the inappropriate kind of indecent... heh."
     "SO WHAT KINDS OF THINGS ARE INNAPR-"
     "SCANDALOUS THINGS PAPYRUS!" I shouted, finally silencing him... for about 20 seconds...
     "I-I SEE... DOES THAT MEAN THAT YOU WOULD BE MAD IF HE DID THAT TO ME?!"
     "Yes."
     "SO IT WAS ALL FOR ME?"
     "Sure."
     "THEN... IS THAT WHAT LIKING SOMEONE IS?"
     "Oh, definitely..."
     "D-DOES THAT MEAN YOU...."
     "Yep."
     "L-LIKE...."
     "Uh huh."
     "ME?"
     "Of course.... wait what!?" But at this point, he was already rolling on the floor giggling. "Umm... Papyrus?"
     "I LIKE YOU TOO CHARA!" I stopped myself from blushing... sort of.
     "Uh... in a friendly way?" He got off the floor and stood up.
     "ISN'T THERE ONLY ONE LIKE AND TWO LOVES?"
     "Nope, there's multiple of each actually."
     "SO YOU DON'T TRULY..."
     "Of corse I like you Papyrus. If I didn't, we wouldn't be in this situation.
     "BUT IN A FRIENDLY WAY?"
     "Yeah!"
     "OH... BUT, WHAT ABOUT WHEN YOU WERE GONNA STAB METTATON WHEN I EXPLAINED WHAT HE WAS DOING?"
     "Uh... Papyrus we're back where we started now..." I sat on the ground and banged my head on the floor. "I don't understand why I love you.. you're an idiot."
     "WHAT?"
     "Nothing! I'm leaving now! You got you're answers...." I went back to the door to try opening it again, but it swung open and smacked me in the face, pushing me backwards and causing me to fall.
     "You guys are taking a long time and- whoa! Chara it's been about 30 minutes since Mettaton left, and you're still eager!" Frisk shook her head.

Papyrus POV

     Frisk always does things at the wrong time. When Chara tried to leave, the door pushed her on top of me.. again. We didn't kiss this time.. but it was still awkward, I kinda liked it though...
     "Frisk! Heh... it's not what it looks like I swear-"
     "YOU'RE THE ONE WHO FELL." Frisk giggled.
     "Yeah, and even if it was an accident, why're you still in that position?"
     "Because Papyrus won't let go...."

This was true...

Frisk rolled her eyes.
     "Liar."
     "It's not a-"
     "It's okay, Sans and I would've done the same."
     "WHAT?! Papyrus let me go!"
     "NOPE. TELL ME YOU LOVE ME FIRST."
     "Ooh~ very forward Papyrus! Good job! I'm glad you've been taking my teaching seriously."
     "You're still teaching him?"
     "Yep."
     "CHARA! I'M WAITING."
     "NO! Are you stupid? Why would I ever tell you that! Especially when it's not true!"

I felt my grip loosen on its own, and my soul cramped up. I don't understand this feeling, but I don't like it.

     "Chara!? What the heck!" Frisk pulled her out of my grasp and looked her in the eyes. "STOP lying to yourself."
     "N-NO! IT'S OKAY! I WAS JUST MESSING AROUND LIKE YOU ALWAYS TOLD ME...."
     "That isn't the messing around I meant-"
     "THERE'S NO NEED TO CONSOLE THE GREAT PAPY....rus.... I-I'm... JUST GOING TO... umm... go... outside...

I'll be back later.."