Chapter 17 | Reset

I'm sorry for what's about to be read. Enjoy~ or... maybe you won't. Hehehe! I'm evil. - Lumia

{ Chara's POV }

He slammed the door louder than I thought he would.. how much did I upset him? Frisk glared at me before finally speaking.
"You're a real idiot, Chara." She shook her head.
"Me?! How am I the idiot! He's the one who walked out..." I glanced at the floor.
"Do you not understand how he feels? Wow... you're more heartless than I thought." Frisk said sadly. "And here I thought you actually cared for him!"
"I..." she wouldn't let me continue.
"Are you leading him on only to crush him?" She asked, snapping my already broken heart.
"Of corse not! Are you cra-"
"Then why did he leave?"
"I- I don't..."
"Because you hurt him, Chara." She sighed before grabbing my hand.
"Well I-"

"I don't actually know how you feel about him, but I do know how he feels about you. If you're blind to that, I'm shocked. If you're not, I'm really disappointed in you." She let go and took a step back. "Look, you don't have to do as I say... but at least let me see him smile again."

And she left...

The moment I heard the door close, I broke down into tears.

It's not that I don't care for him!
I don't want to hurt him!
I DO love him!

But for him to love me back is unacceptable. I'm not worthy at all. He's an innocent cinnamon roll, not a dark shadow like me.
He deserves better than what I could ever give him... but I denied him that when Mettaton made the mistake of crossing me. I really am stupid, Frisk is right...
My goal wasn't to make him fall for me, in fact, I tried my best to make him want to stay away from me. From avoiding him to being rude or uncaring. I don't want him to believe in me, I don't want him to like me, but I definitely don't want him to leave me.

I slumped into a corner of his room and buried my face into my knees.
"Why do you have to make me feel so confused?" I whimpered.

{ Papyrus's POV }

     I wonder why I left. I just felt so broken all of the sudden when she said that. I don't understand these feelings, or what they're supposed to mean. Outside it was nice and peaceful, I felt free. I wanted to take my mind off of things, but her words were locked inside of my brain.

Maybe it was stupid of me...

I heard the grass crunch, and looked up to see Frisk.

     "Hey Papy..." she smiled slightly and sat down next to me in the grass.
"AH! HELLO HUMAN!" I smiled as big as I could.

Apparently my cheerfulness wasn't fooling anyone.

     "Papyrus.... will you be okay?"
"Err... WHY WOULDN'T I BE?!"
"Because you dropped your soul before you left your room and accidentally crushed it when you slammed the door closed."
     "WHAT?"
     "Uh... what I'm trying to say is... well, I think you took Chara's words the wrong way."
I looked away from Frisk and towards the sky.
"I don't.... OF COURSE I DIDN'T! I UNDERSTOOD HER PERFECTLY! AND I-..... and I... COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND!"
     "Papyrus... she didn't-"
     "GOLLY! YOU'RE ACTING LIKE THIS IS HURTING ME. I'M FINE!"
     "Papyrus-!"
     "IT'S COLD OUT, GO BACK INSIDE HUMAN!" An orange beam surrounded Frisk and carried her back into the house. "I'M OKAY.... I... I"m PERFECTLY.... f-fine..."