You Feel Me?

Meri POV

"Why'd we really come here?" He looks up at me with those big brown eyes that I adore. People say the eyes tell you the full story and his are telling me so much

"Well.... Ight me and you been riding for each other for a while right?"

I nod

"Ok so Imma just be real man Meri I love you. And I know that we been friends forever and you sometimes look at me like a brother. But I've been the brother who's held you while you cried. I've been the brother who ain't scared to beat a nigga ass for fucking you over. I've also been the brother who's spend many nights thinking of loving you. I've loved for the moment in 8th grade when we had to play husband and wife and raise an egg but since there was no food in my house you gave me all you could. You coooked me 2 scrambled eggs and even though I said we'd both fail you ain't care. You are my world girl and I just can't sit back and watch some other nigga take my spot. You feel me?"

Meri just stared at me. I couldn't tell if it was good or bad thing but I needed her to say something and fast because a nigga was getting kinda a nervouse. 

"I shouldn't have -"

"August I love you too. Why didn't you say any of this earlier?"

"Honestly it never was the right time. From ya break up with Tony and Craig. Then Chris was like I was gone end up playing myself cause you ain't feel the same. I wanted to play it safe."

I was looking in his eyes before i knew it our lips just grazed it each other. He hesitated for a moment to see how i would react when i didn't move her did it again but putting more passion behind it. We were lost in the moment until the waiter coughed breaking us apart. She gave us the bill and he payed. As we walked out he put his arm around my waste and for once I felt completely safe.