Confrontation

Amerie POV

"Ma what do you mean you won't get off until tomorrow? So me and Layla just gone be here by ourselves all night?" She was always doing this working while leaving me here to babysit the lil pain. "Baby it's just for tonight. They're offering overtime and you know I could use the money especially with me being the only one working in this house." She was always throwing me not having a job in my face yet she was the one saying she wanted to focus on school and enjoy my senior year. "Fine. Love you." "Love u too" Click. 

Well it was just me and pain tonight. I had just gotten home from the beach with Tati and was super bored. I wish Moesha was on right now. I wondered to the kitchen to see if there some food. Nope. All we had was Layla's animal crackers and grape juice. Speaking of Layla I should probably go check on her. She's been too quiet ever since I got home. "Lay you alright?" "Mhmm." she answered playing with her nitendo. "Hey what ya playing?" I said sitting on the floor next to her. "My Fashion World wanna play with me?" I usually would say no but she was being pretty cool today and besides I had nothing else to do. "Alright let me see." She showed me how to play and where to look to see where my new challenge was. "OMG you just be level 15!" she said excited "What's the big deal with level 15?" "You can move to New York now and start your own line and..." *Ring* "I'll be right back ok" Who was over here this time of night. Probably Tatianna had forgot something she always forgot something. I hit the light for the porch so I could see who it was. I looked out the peephole and saw it was August? Nah he wouldn't just show up at my door and think everything was all cool. He had texted me earlier asking if I was up to talk and I told him I'll let him know. I debated for a minute and finally decided to open to door. 

"Hey" he choked out. I remained silent. So many things were running through my head. What the hell was I suppose to say. Hey like I was totally over everything. I didn't want to argue with him especially not while Layla was here because I had a few choice words. I wanted to slap the shit out of him but at the same time all I wanted him to do was to hold me and tell me everything was gonna be ok. 

"Can I come in? I brought food for you and Lay moms told me to come over and check on y'all." I still didn't say anything but motioned for him to come in. I closed the door behind him. He layed the food out on the counter while I stood against the wall hand crossed with a serious attitude. He knew what he was doing though bringing over all my favorites and yeah I peeped the shirt I got him too. It wasn't gonna work though. He was gonna have to do a lot better than this. By the time he got all the food laid out we still hadn't spoken. He kept looking at me and I just stared right back. "So we just gone play the quiet game all night?" i heard to irritation in his voice with just made me worst. "Who you talking to?" I asked aggressively walking towards him. "You betta take a second a realize who the fuck you talking to. I ain't ask u to come over here did I? I didn't ask for you to do a goddamn thing for me so if you got an attitude you can leave because ain't nobody invite you anyway." I must of been yelling hella loud because Layla came rushing down the hallway. When she made it to the kitchen she just stood to my side looking back and forth between me and August. I began to feel the burning sensation of tears forming and ran to my room before they fell. I was not gone let him see me cry. I closed my door and slid down on the floor. 

*Knock* I could tell by how soft they were that they were Layla's. "Yeah Lay?" I yelled "We fixed your food. If you want to come eat with us. It's ok if you don't though." "Alright I'll be right there." "Ok"

I took a few deep breaths and walked to the mirror. I didn't look all that bad my eyes were only a little red. I put me hair in a ponytail and walked back to the kitchen. This is about to be the dinner from hell I thought to myself as I pulled out my chair and sat down. Layla and August both looked at me as I reached to the orange chicken. "Oh that one's empty" August said reaching to the container next to him. 'Here" "Thanks" I whispered. "So August are you gonna come to my dance recital next week? You promised." Layla and August were always so cute. "Of course little bit. I wouldn't miss it for the world!" He said pinching her cheek. "Your coming too Ri right?" "Yep." she started clapping. We ate the rest in the meal in silence. "All Done!" Layla said getting down and taking her plate with her. "I'll be in room if you need me." We both chuckled. After Layla was out of earshot August spoke up. 

"Your right I was wrong and I fucked up. I can admit that but Ri you gotta let me explain." He said looking straight into my eyes. "Fine. No bullshit though" "Look I was at the party chilling by myself just watching everybody have a good time." "Mhmm" "Out of nowhere Tamia just came and started pushing up on me. She kissed me and at first I didn't kiss back but then I did. I don't know why I just did. She took me upstairs and nothing happened. It looked worse than what it was. A few body kisses that's all. I swear! You gotta see where I'm coming from" "I can see you have a hickey on your neck." "I know" he said in a defeated breath. "I guess I should go huh." He got up and headed towards the door. "It's not the actual cheating or whatever part that hurts me ya know. It's the fact that I trusted you with everything. I never doubted you even though I knew your reputation because the guy that I called my best friend wasn't the August Alsina everybody else knew. But you shattered that last night and I don't know if I can trust you can." I finally stopped and caught my breath. "Ri I don't -" He was caught off by Layla calling his name. "August..August before you go can you sing to sleep. Pretty Please." She was actually batting her eyelashes. "Yeah little bit I'll be right there." He walked closer to me and grabbed my hand. "Ri I don't know how I'm gonna prove to you that what happened yesterday will never happen again. Baby girl I love you and I need you to know that. I know it's gonna happen over night but I'm here when your ready to give us a chance again." He kissed my forehead and when to Layla's room. He sang the it's bitsy spider to her and after 5 minutes she was out like rock. We walked to the door. 

"Goodnight Amerie" He said bringing me into a hug and then kissing me hand. He walked to his car as I whispered "Goodnight August."

COMMENT! VOTE! SHARE!

TELL ME HOW Y'ALL FEEL. IDEAS ALL THAT!

I'LL TRY AND INCLUDE THE VIDEO OF HIM SINGING AND A PICTURE OF LAYLA

LOVE Y'ALL 

-LIBRA XOXOXO