Promises

Ri Pov

I didn't know where I was going but I knew I needed space. I looked at my phone and saw I had 7 messages. Two from Tati, 4 from August and 2 from my mama. I scrolled past hers and clicked Tatiana's.

MyNinja: You Good? You can stay here if you need to.

Hmm moms probably called her mama and did her lil dramatic I'm sorry scene. I'll hit her back in a min. I then looked at August's

ForeverHis:

ForeverHis: Just thinking about you. I love you

ForeverHis : Ight it's been a minute. Hit me back!

ForeverHis: You alright?

Awe my babe was worried. How cute. I thought about it and instead of sending him a text back I'd just come over. I damn near lived there anyway.

I pushed the doorbell and waited for an answer.

"Hey Ms. Alsina" I said happy to see her. She was always like a second mom. "How many times have I told you don't have to call me Ms. Alsina." She said engulfing me in a hug. "Good to see you" she added. "You too" I answered back "Anyways August is in his room." "Thanks" "Oh Amerie. Be sure to leave the door open." I nodded and went to August door. I knocked but no answer. I slowly crept it open but he still didn't notice me. He was listening to his beats and writing something in this comp book. Probably homework.

I was at the foot of his bed when he finally noticed me. "Aye what you doin here?" He said sliding off his earphones. "Well somebody was blowing up my phone" I said smirking "But nah Forreal me and moms need some space" he closed the notebook and slid it in his nightstand. "What is that?" Pointing toward the dresser. "Nothin serious. So what happened since this morning?" "I found out my mama is a fucking liar." I lowered my voice a little because Ms. Als- Mama Alsina was known to be noisy. "Huh?" He looked so cute when he was confused. "From the beginning?" I asked. "Shit I got all night" he said adjusted on the bed and motioning me to come over. I laid my head on his chest and told him everything that happened.

August Pov

Ri told me the story of her dad and all the bullshit at her house. I got Ri's side no doubt but I understood her mama's. It hurt me though to see her full of anger and hurt. She was usually so different. "It's alright. I said rubbing her head as she held onto me. "And you know what's the fucked up part?" i just remained quiet. "I think I'm starting to like him." she started laughing. "What's so funny?" "Just Everything." I slid from under her grasp and went to my dresser.

"Give me 10 minutes and then we gone head out. " I said heading to the bathroom. I knew just where to take her. When I came back out she was laid across my bed texting and smiling. "That better be Tatiana ass." I said. I made sure to have my back turned so I could slide her gift in my pocket. "Is somebody jealous?"  I heard her footsteps come toward me. "Nah. Just  protecting what's mines." "Yeah yeah so where we goin?" I walked toward the door. "Just Chill. You in good hands" she rolled her eyes and walked out. i told moms I was leaving and we headed to the car. "Oh I saw that lil eye roll by the way" I said opening her door. "And??" Oh she tryna be smart. "What you gone do bout it?" she added. "You'll See" i told her with a smirk. The drive only took about 1O minutes. Hell we use to walk here as kids. "Omg I haven't been here in ages!" hopping out the car. "Yeah this is my lil spot to come and chill." "Why here though?" she said walking toward the swings. We had memories at this park MANY memories. "This is where life was it's simplest ya know. As kids we ain't have no worries, no problems" she nodded. "And this where I met this lil annoying 1st grader named Amerie Perez who use to play in the sandbox all by herself." "I was not annoying!" "Not how I remember it." I said crouching down in front of her. "Aug-" but I cut her off. "Look I can't promise you this perfect future with the white picket fence and all that corny shit. But I know what I can promise. I can promise to be there no matter what. I can promise to love you and cherish you. The only question is will you ride for me? Thick and Thin?" "Yess" she answered smiling. I pulled out the ring. "If you keeping your promise, I'm keeping mine" I said sliding the ring on her finger.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and looked in my eyes. "We in this together." I grabbed her waist. "We in this together." I repeated

COMMENT! VOTE!  SHARE!
FEEDBACK ON THE CHAPTER PLEASE! 
NO MORE UPDATES UNTIL I GET FEEDBACK.  IT MAKES ME WANT TO CONTINUE TO WRITE. AND NOT THE UPDATE PLEASES EITHER!

LOVE Y'ALL THO
-LIBRA XOXO