How She Got Her Groove Back

August POV

So since the night at Ri's house we been on decent terms. She still kinda stand off-ish but I can tell she tryin. It's the week of semester midterms and it's stressful. Even though school isn't my thing I know I can't bring him just any grades to moms. "Alright class exam reviews will be up today after school." said Mrs.Thomas. She was probably my least disliked teacher for the only reason that she gave reviews for anything and 90% of the time she didn't even bother changing the questions. The bell rings and everybody rush out. "August would you mind staying behind?" she says walking over to me. "What's up Mrs. T?" "Well you seem distracted these last few days. Is everything ok?" "Yes ma'am. Just a personal matter." "Ok. if it's nothing serious then you can go" I walk towards the door "oh and August my review is due Thursday not Friday or Monday you hear me?" I nod and head out to the hallway.

Since it's lunch I head to the cafeteria to see if I can spot Ri. I look around and don't see her so I go to where Chris, Mike and Jj sit. "Ayeee what y'all fools up to?" I say taking my seat.  "Nothing man tryna figure out this weekend plans. you got any ideas?" says Jj. I shake head no and check my phone. She ain't text me either hmm what's up with that. She ain't avoiding me right. "Nigga u listening?"  says Chris nudging me. "Yeah yeah" I answer. "Alright well you know Big Rob having a lil kick back on Friday and told us to swing through. Everybody down?" We all nod yeah. The bell rings and we all dap and go our separate ways. I scan the room one last time. No where to be found.  I knew her locker was on the way to my Chem class so I would just wait there for here. Finally after about 3 minutes she appeared.

"Hey" she said cheerfully. "Somebody happy today. Any reason?" I asked curiously. I haven't seen her smile this much since that night. "Nothin major." she said nonchalantly. She went through her locker and finally got what she needed. As she was closing it she looked at me and smiled  "I'm glad we're friends" she said rubbing my arm. I just gave a confused look but when I fixed my mouth to say something she walked off. What the hell did that mean. Just friends?

Amerie POV

"Y'all know what today is?" Tatianna says to me and my girl Jade at the table "What? Tuesday?" Jade answers in a playful tone. "See now I shouldn't even tell you but since I am your best friend Ri imma let that one slide." she said obviously excited. "Anyways...You know that new teen club downtown Vue. Well Drake is performing tonight and I got 4 tickets!" "How??? It's been sold out for weeks!" I practically yelled. Luckily the we're outside for lunch today "hold up hold up...you said 4 tickets its only 3 of us." Jade points out while tweeting somethin. "Well Ri since u and August aren't together right now. I have a friend that wanted to tag along. Plus he's super fine!" "Tat! You know I'm not looking for nobody new." "Yeah especially with that fine man of her's damn near eating out the palm of her hand." jade adds. "True but who said you have to go with him. Just have fun tonight. You need it." "She's right Ri. You been stressing about August for a week and a half now." "Ok Ok I'll go." Jade and Tatianna high five. "Btw his name is Omari." Tat says grabbing her books and standing up. "We'll pick you up at 7. And try to have fun tonight. Remember you and August are just friends." she put extra emphasis on friends. She was right though.  When the bell rung I headed to my locker to grab my Trig text book.

When I see August standing next to my locker for the first time all week I feel happy. "Hey" I greet him. "Somebody happy today. Any reason?" he ask. I can see the hope in his eyes. "Nothin major" I say putting my anatomy book in my locker and grabbing my trig. When I'm done I close my locker I look to him and say "I'm glad we're friends" while touching his arm. I can see the confusion on his face but before he can answer I turn around and walk away.

Time for Amerie Genesis Perez to get her groove back.