Aftermath

August POV

While Ri layed with Layla I decided I should go check on moms. I only saw her once since I came in. I slowly crept out the door making sure not to wake Ri but put her cell phone on the table next to her. I knew people would be trying to get a hold of her especially once news about miss Joyce really got out but mostly so she could call if she needed anything. Anything at all. She had been crying all night and honestly i ain't even know what i could say to her right now. Yeah I know i had been telling her to go see her mom and try and work things out but i didn't think nothing like this would happen. I walked over to the desk area where I would always find moms and caught her just blankly staring at her computer screen. I looked around to see if anybody else was around. Nah. I walked around the desk walked over to her. "You ok?" I asked wrapping my arms around her giving her a hug. "Yeah" she answered softly. "Ma you know I love you right?" She nodded. "I know I know baby" she said patting my chest. Hugging her I realized I could never go through what was happening to Ri right now. Ms. Joyce always looked out for her and Layla. Hell even me. When they say it takes a village to raise a child they were right. When moms had to work late or hadn't cooked dinner because she was too tired I always knew I could go over to Ri's house. It worked the same way for Ri too I was sure. The fact though that now after everything had happened and there was no turning back I couldn't be sure what the future held. For Ri especially. My moms was all I had. Dad had left when I was young and I did have an older bro but he'd been locked up since I was 13. Know the crazy part is moms never went to visit. I had told em' i needed to come see him but he refused to let me. All he ever said was don't end up in the same place he was. "Mama's gotta get back to work." she said letting go of me. "I'll call and check on you later." she kissed me on the cheek and grabbed a chart.

Since both of em were sleep I was just gone head home. As I come out the exit I see this nigga Antonio standing outside. "Thought you left?" he looked at me and scoffed. "Waiting on my ride." Mhmm I thought. I walked toward my car. Come on Aug... I turned back around. "You coming or what?" "Nah I'm good." should've offered his ass a ride no way. "Whatevah." Not even 30 seconds later I heard footsteps. "Oh so I thought you weren't comin." i laughed unlocking my door. "Fuck that I ain't waiting no more." We drove without saying much to each other just listening to the radio. I mean I had just heard of him today when he showed up at my doorstep. The ride was quick thankfully. "Aye man thanks for giving Amerie that lift to the hospital today." I admitted even though i aint like the fact Ri went to him instead of coming to me. "Just helping a friend." Mhmmm i thought. Better be just that too A FRIEND. We got out and he went to his car. I went in the house and hopped in the shower. It'd been a long day and i needed to relax a little. 20 minutes later i got out the shower threw on my basketball shorts and walked over to check my phone. No messages from Ri or moms. I sent moms a quick message telling her I loved her and then texted Ri to call whenever she got time. I knew she needed some time to be alone right now. 

Amerie POV

I woke up to my phone vibrating. I checked the time and saw it 4:30 a.m. I rolled back over and saw Layla still sleeping. Just looking at her broke my heart. She was so young and looked so helpless. I know we fought and I know I wasn't the best big sister but I was her sister and loved her more than she knew. I got up out the chair and decided to finally make my way to the one room I had been dreading since i got here. I didnt even know what I was thinking but I knew I had to do this. I had to know it was real. "Hi do you know which room Joyce Perez is in?" I asked the night nurse. "you know visiting hours are over right sweetie" she said in a motherly tone.I felt the tears began to form. I would never hear that again. "Yeah. she's my mom though and I'm staying with my sister down the hall." I chocked back. "please I haven't seen her." she nodded and checked the computer "320" she said with these I'm so sorry eyes. The walk to the room was the longest walk I've ever had in my life. Room 318...room 319.... and then room 320. The blinds were open and I saw her. I saw her with the tube and the machine. She looked so peaceful and all I could was cry. As I inched toward the door i began to truly realize that I would I never hear her voice again. I would never be able to complain about August to her. She would never meet her grandkids or see me get married. She wouldn't even see me graduate. I just I don't know broke down. I took the seat next to her bed and just held her hand.

Even if she couldn't hear me i had to let her know. "I'm sorry." I managed to whisper out. "I'm soo soo sorry mom. I know that I messed up. I know that i was wrong and I should've just talked to you. I don't know why you kept him from me and honestly I don't care. All I want is for you to get Better ok. that's all the matters. You hear me? You have to get better! You're all I have." I wiped the tears from my eyes and got up to kiss her forehead. "I love you."

SORRY FOR THE WAIT YOU GUYS!
IT'S BEEN A CRAZY BUSY SUMMER. I know it's short kinda stuck at the moment. Hope you guys like it tho.

COMMENT!  VOTE!  SHARE!

YOU KNOW THE DRILL
INSTA: aurielxo_

Love y'all
-Libra xoxo