Unknown Truths

August Pov

After I finished shopping for Ri I headed to my house. I made sure to take the long way around because I had plans to see if Ri wanted to do something tonight. I ain't having nothing planned and it would be nice to take baby girl out. I drove by but didn't see her car so I just continued home. When I opened the door I heard the Oprah playing. Smh I swear my mama love her some Oprah Life Class.

"Ma where you at?" I said looking down at my phone. "In the kitchen boy." I walked in and saw she had the some stuff out to cook. "What you cooking?" I said looking in the pots. She nudged me out the way. "Love you" I said kissing her cheek and grabbing the jewelry bag from Kay's and heading to my room. I checke my phone again to make sure I didn't have any new messages from Ri. Nah.

*Knock. Knock*

"So where you last night?" my mama posting up in my doorway. "I just kicked it at Ri's ma" trying to sound as convincing as I could. "Mhmm." she said smirking. "Anyways dinner is almost done." she said closing my door. I finished checking my some messages and finally decided I should text her.

MyOneAndOnlyRi: Where you at?

Might As Well Take A Shower while I wait. 15 minutes later still no text. Ight then i thought and went down for dinner. It went normal as usual small talk about school and work. "You know where you wanna go to college?" she asked grabbing this dishes. "I got it." gettin up and taking them from here. "And Nah not really." finally answering her question. Truth be told I hadn't even thought about college. All I knew was school wasn't for ya boy. I wanted to sing but I knew she wasn't gone have no part in that. "Better get on it. Graduation is right around corner" I just nodded and went back to cleaning the kitchen.

I need to tell her. But I can't be the one to break her heart.

Ri Pov

"What the hell" was all I heard escape my mouth as I walked in the house and long and behold there this dude is. I would say dad but he isn't even that to me. Some nerve he has. I see this excitement written all over Layla and my mama look a lil too friendly to be sitting her on the couch with her ex-husband.  "Where were you!" she yells. " You storm out this house like that and tell your sister "you'll be back. I promise?" she says using air quotes. I've only been gone a few hours. At least you knew I was coming back i think to myself.

"Are you done?" I say nonchalantly. I have nothin to say to her. "Am I done?" she says raising her voice "Amerie I know you might be a little upset but I am still your mother! And Angelo is still your father!" she says pointing at him. That was the final straw for me. "No he's not! He's a the man who walked out- No he's the man who was forced out of me and Layla's lives. By who? Our Mother! So I really don't care what you have to say about me need some space from you" Next thing i know a slap comes hard against my face.

She just stares while I stare back. "I'm sor-" I cut her off and just walk to my room and pack my bag. I throw everything I see into a big suitcase and make sure to grab my phone charger. We needs one serious space right now. I double check to make sure I got everything and head back towards the front door. I dont see her anymore but her door is closed so she must be in there. Layla is sitting next to Angelo But stares at me with her big brown eyes. It makes me want to cry. I grab my car keys and head out. As I'm putting my things in the trunk I hear footsteps inching closer.

"I understand" he says picking  the suitcase and closing my trunk. He looks so much like me its scary. He opens my driver door to let me get in. He nods and for the first time I feel like he's not the enemy. He walks away and I call out  "Angelo." He turns around "Why didn't you fight for us?" He just stares at the house.

"Because I couldn't destroy you guys like I did your mother. I fought against this family. MY family for too long so why would I have any right to fight for it."

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!
WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK? 
RI, ANGELO, HER MOM? 
AUGUST? 
IS ANTONIO COMIN INTO THE PICTURE?  
COMMENT! VOTE! SHARE!
LOVE Y'ALL
-LIBRA XOXOX

FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM: auriel_xoxo
if I don't update soon you can blow up my notifications.
MUAH!