One-Shot Contest

Prompt:

You guys were asked to write a letter from Eleanor to Charlotte three years from where the epilogue left off. So here's Charlotte's letter to Eleanor: 

Dear Eleanor,

It's been a while. 

Six years, to be exact. 

I never wrote back to you before because I was unsure about a few things myself. I didn't know if it was going to work. If Louis and I were actually going to work.

He seemed so confident about it, but me? After everything that had happened in the span of a year, how could I expect anything to turn out alright for once? That's right, I couldn't. And so I didn't.

But Louis proved me wrong. He's given me everything I've ever wanted and more and proved to me that maybe it's all worth it. Maybe your engagements, maybe they're only mere stepping stones. You're heading to a bigger world, one that brings you all the happiness you'd ever want in forms you'd never expect. So let me share with you what life has brought to me.

We have a son. 

His name's Oliver and he's four years old now. It's fair to say that he's a carbon copy of his father, mischievous, smart, and adorable. Louis and I visited an adoption agency a few months ago and guess what? We're eligible for adopting a child. It seems as if all of my wishes are coming true. And the best news yet?

I'm expecting. 

I haven't told Louis yet, I haven't found the right moment. Tomorrow's Christmas, so maybe I can tell him then. I guess what I'm trying to say is that things are only going to go uphill from here. For you and me both. You deserve to be happy Eleanor, because you care about the happiness of others. Don't give me so much credit for being selfless and whatnot, because so are you. You deserve someone who will care for you just as you care for the ones you love.

My friends are happy. 

To be truthful, this is the one of the biggest gifts I could receive. Harry's been with Alice for a year now, and they're going strong. Niall and Monica--as cute as ever. And Danielle's expecting her second child with Liam as well. Maybe this sounds weird, but you're also my friend, Eleanor. We've had some rough times, but you're one of the reasons I'm the person I am today. So for that reason, I can't forget about you like you asked. We should never forget, Eleanor, because every memory is like a puzzle piece. Without one; life is incomplete. 

Father and I spoke. 

I went to drop off my wedding invitation and you'll never believe it Eleanor, he actually came. Maybe it didn't exactly patch up our relationship completely, but it meant more to me than he'll ever know. He's still my father, and no matter how much I try sometimes, I can never hate him. The wedding was fantastic, and I understand why you couldn't make it, you had family matters to take care of, so don't feel bad. And I heard from the boys about the trip you took to visit Henry. I don't know how to thank you. He's special to me, and until I figure out a way to bring him closer to where I am, I'm glad that he has someone.

 So please, have hope. 

You'll find him, and you should trust me when I tell you to believe it. I'm living proof, aren't I? Despite all odds, here we are, six years later, together.

Have hope and take care of yourself, Eleanor, and one day you'll find the person who will take care of you.

  Love,