Chapter 2: A Leaf in the Wind

"This is a stupid idea." Camila muttered as she jogged up the stairs in front of Lauren and slipped into her bedroom. The downstairs level of the house smelled powerfully like eucalyptus and soon-to-be regret.

"There's no such thing as a stupid idea." Lauren replied with a teasing laugh, grabbing at the hem of the brunette's shirt and yanking it up, then replacing it with a loose white tank top. "Isn't that what you told me when we were climbing that building to it's roof and staring out over the city that Godzilla terrorized?"

"I don't recall it." Camila gritted out, tying her hair into a ponytail.

"Yes, well that's because your memory is garbage." Lauren patted her on the hip, nudging the girl forward. "This is going to be fun, I'll make sure to take lots of videos."

"Well aren't you just the worst."

The slow blowing against the house made for an unpleasant sound, a scent of eucalyptus stress relief candles floating through the air and getting stronger the further down Camila descended. On the main floor, Dinah was splayed out along the length of the couch while Normani sat in the middle of the room, cross-legged with her eyes closed.

"Okay Mani, she's all ready to go." Lauren announced, finding a place next to Dinah and snuggling in to watch. "I'm really going to need you to follow through on your promise here, Camila's kinda starting to turn unbearable and the semester has barely started."

"You need to de-stress." Normani gestured for Camila to sit in front of her, which the brunette did with an automatic eye-roll. "First, I want you to take a deep breath and exhale. It's called square breathing, and it's meant to shake off the anxiety and clear your head."

"Shake off the anxiety." Camila blinked after obeying with a sarcastic look on her face. "You know, I could get the exact same advice from Taylor Swift, and she would also assure me that the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate."

Normani's eyebrows flattened in annoyance, and she paused to take a slow breath in and out before continuing. "I'm going to let that go because you're stressed out, now let's continue. Let's stand up and go into warrior one." She went into a forward lunge, angling her body upwards and lifting her arms. "This is going to help strengthen the legs, open the hips and chest and stretch out the arms."

"It looks like you're ready to catch something really heavy out of the air." Camila grinned, following suit and assuming the pose in a much more awkward manner. "I feel like I should be lifting a baby lion cub at the peak of a giant rock right now."

"Camila, the point of yoga is to relax, not to make funny jokes." Dinah teased from the sidelines. "That was a good one though."

"Okay, warrior two." Normani ignored the Polynesian, moving her arms so one was directed straight in front of her and the other behind. "This is a little easier, it's good for the thighs."

Camila snickered, assuming the position. "I'd rather be surfing." She sang, assuming a perfect pitch. "Just my board and me-eee."

"Camz." Back on the couch, Lauren had covered her eyes, trying not to laugh.

"Hanging ten in the waves." Camila continued. "Is where I wanna be-eee."

"Cabello!" Normani snapped, dropping the pose and shaking out her arms. "Take this seriously!"

"What?" Camila blinked innocently. "I watched that Mary Kate and Ashley Vacation video where they went to the big Hawaii resort with Ally the other night. It's not my fault the rest of you went for dollar beers and the mature ones wanted a quiet night in."