Chapter Two

• Chapter Two •

Leaning back on the now closed boot of her slick black Range Rover I took the time and analyzed her question. I was always taught that I should never make promises I can't keep, same as never signing a contract if I didn't know what was written in the fine print because once I said yes, I knew that there was no backing out of this one. Weighing up the pros and cons I found that money for Oxford was enough to make me say the three letter word that was on the tip of my tongue, but then again my inexperience could really cost me on this one. I had never had a boyfriend before, let alone a famous, reckless and client boyfriend.

"With all due respect Ms Twist," noting the look she gave me, I corrected myself, "Anne, I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I agree to anything. May I ask, what exactly would this job entail?" I had done errands before, I had done favours, I had a job but never have I encountered something like this before so I didn't exactly know what to call it.

She smiled sweetly at me, "But of course, please allow me to drive you to my home where we will have some tea and run over the details. Please remember Noel, you do not have to say yes if you don't feel comfortable. I don't want to you feel obligated in any which way." After nodding, I quickly called Caroline informing her of my whereabouts and she replied by saying that she had indeed bought the dress. Buckling up, I noticed the prominent smell of boy radiating off the seats. It smelt like a fresh shower and male's cologne. Something came over me, causing me to have the urge of sinking into the seat and inhaling the goodness, but I restrained myself and sat up.

Anne gushed about her plans about the auction, explaining the antique collection that she organized as a special part of the auction. "Basically in the public's eye you will be seen and known as Harry's girlfriend. Knowing my son there is an act you have to follow as he is a womanizer as they call him. I don't want you feeling uncomfortable at all. All you have to do is make sure he stays out if trouble, he understands that he will be under a watchful eye at all times." She paused and I realized it was my turn to interject my thoughts.

"I understand," was my response and she was content with that.

"You will receive a new wardrobe, be taught how to do your hair to celebrity standards. As well as keeping him in line, you need to make it believable. Maybe the way you truly straighten him out is by making him fall in love with you." I absentmindedly scoffed, forgetting my manners I apologized before explaining my response.

"Sorry Anne, it's just, I highly doubt that I could make anyone fall in love with me let alone Harry." If I even want him to fall in love with me. That's when Anne politely scoffed, turning the steering wheel into her street she began to elaborate.

"Hunny, you have Brandon wrapped around your pretty little finger. Plus, Harry needs a girl like you, keeping him in line. One with values and morals, one who can teach him how to love. You see the girls with skimpy outfits surrounding him but I imagine him settling down with a girl like you." I shifted slightly comfortably into the seat and thanked her for what I assumed to be a compliment, although I considered it a preposterous idea .

I was a reasonable girl, hoping to settle down when I was older. I wanted sensibility in my life, order all most. I didn't want a reckless, carefree guy who I constantly had to look after. Theoretically saying that he wanted to be with me, but realistically he hasn't even met me. I was being ridiculous, this was a job, nothing more.

Upon arriving at the destination, being Anne's home, I was sitting in the finest crafted wooden furniture. I allowed my back to lean against the back of the chair, with my tousled chestnut hair cascading behind me. I smoothed out my outfit and patiently wait as Anne prepares the tea. "Would you like any help in there Anne," I asked politely as second nature. Her laugh rang through the kitchen into the dining room as she dismissed my offer and thanked me at the same time.