Chapter Seven

• Chapter Seven 

Rolling over, my face was met with a bundle of sheets I must have kicked up during my nights sleep. That was the first night that I truly felt I slept well. Every night I'd lie awake, intending to shut my brain off and dream of night but that is never the case. Instead, my mind works like clockwork, eyes wide open, rushing over thoughts and situations which could have been done better. Never truly satisfied that I accomplished everything. But last night, it was different. Maybe it was the fact that I slept in an expensive bed, or the fact that I was away from home, or maybe even the simple underlying fact of Harry, but last night I finally slept.

From beside me, I heard a groan, one that startled me. I wasn't used to sharing a room with another human being so to hear another human being wake up from across the room was all new to me, but something that I would have to get used to. Followed by a few short groans, I peeked through the slits of my eyes as I pretended to still be asleep, and observed as Harry woke up. Apparently through the night Harry decided to slip out of his shirt. So there I was, staring at his exposed back as he moved his arms to stretch them. His back muscles and shoulder blades followed his every move and I have never been so mesmerized by human skin before.

After stretching, Harry fell back onto the bed. His head of curls flattened on the pillow, his torso left uncovered by the sheets. Some how, this boy managed to wake up looking as though he were just in a photo shoot modelling sleepwear and furniture. As slowly as I could, I moved my head to the left and glanced at the clock placed on the shared bed side table. It was a quarter past eight, that was the longest I had ever slept in till.

"Noel, are you awake?" Harry's raw, raspy morning voice had me shooting up from the bed, plainly startled. It was a nice, warm voice but one that was a low rubble, sending blood pumping through your arteries. 

My voice was minuscule compared to his. Even though my abrupt actions suggested that I yes in fact was awake, I believed it was rude to not answer. "Yes," I said softly, my voice as tiny as a mouse.

"Would you like to have room service or go out for breakfast?" His eyes were sealed shut, his arms folded against his chest. I was grateful that he could not see the state I was in, as I never truly wake up so gracefully.

The incident yesterday flooded fresh in my mind so I decided that room service was better than being mobbed. Then again, who really has that much energy in the morning. "I'll have pancakes from room service please." I told him before walking into the washroom to complete all the necessary morning rituals.

Through the door I could hear Harry talking on the phone, most likely ordering our room service. It was comforting to know that he remained in his pleasant mood over night. After moisturizing my face, I exited the washroom feeling hydrate and refreshed. On the couches, Harry was sitting scrolling through his phone silently and I decided not to bother him with random questions that would bother him.

In the dining area, I was preparing a tea when there was a knock at the hotel door. "Harry, Noel, are you awake?" 

My eyes flicked to Harry who had changed his position to laying flat on the couch, his eyes glued to his phone. Rolling my eyes, I opened the door revealing Louis, dressed and ready for the morning. Tipping his head, "Good morning Noel," he said charmingly. "Harry, have you eaten yet? We have a show this morning that means rehearsals and setting up at the arena."

A loud sigh came from the couch, "Room service is on it's way." The tone in his voice suggested that he found something upsetting on his phone.

I felt a nudge from beside me, "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Louis chuckled.