Chapter Seventeen

• Chapter Seventeen •

"A what?" I asked nervously for conformation. When I walked onto the busy streets of France this morning on our last day in this beautiful country, I had not expected to be pulled aside by a young reporter to be asked if I would participate in an interview.

The young girl, who looked as though she needed this interview for a launch in her new career looked kindly at me. "I promise it won't take long," her English was very good considering French was her mother tongue. I gulped and found myself nodding.

Her smile rose. It seemed as though my answer surprised her. "Come this way miss," she said humbly and I began following her down a cobble stoned back street and we entered a small cafe with vines casing around the entrance door. We sat down around a small, wooden, circular table and she got out an A5 sized notepad and a fine point pen. 

"Shall we begin?" She asked sweetly, her grey eyes glistening like the lights above our heads. "Actually, would you mind if I got a coffee?"

She shook her head to herself, seeming almost embarrassed that she didn't offer the request herself. "Miss," she said to a member of staff. "May we please get a flat white and," she titled her head towards me, gesturing for me to place my order. "A cappuccino please." I said quickly, folding my hands on my lap.

The woman on the other side to me held out her hand across the the table, for me to shake. "Sorry for the late introduction. My name is Geneviéve Aguillard from style papers 'forever'. I'm here to ask you only a few questions. If you don't feel comfortable in answering any of these questions, then by all means refrain from speaking. I'm not here to twist you words or make you sound horrible, I'm only here to show the people who Noel Springs is, because currently you're just the face alongside Mr Styles and we'd like to see more."

Geneviéve spoke well and she seemed friendly enough to trust so I thought, why not? It wasn't long until our coffee's had arrived and we had already tackled the easy, funny questions like 'what's it like touring with the boys' and what my favourite countries were so far. It wasn't until she had a sip of her coffee that she was confident enough to divulge into the deeper questions.

"Let's talk about you and Harry Styles for a moment. He's a big name, someone to keep up with. We are all dying to know how the two of you met and began this exquisite love affair. With the help of social media we have already uncovered that the pair of you went to school together but it has all been hush hush about how you two really became an item."

Unpacking this question was really overwhelming. I knew what I could and couldn't say, this was all in the contract I signed almost four months ago. Never mind all this, it was hard to speak. She spoke of mine and Harry's relationship as a 'love affair', when we hadn't even reached this stage yet. I mean, it had only been a few days ago that we really confessed our feelings that we fancied each other so we weren't quite ready for love even though sometimes I felt it.

It was in that instant, when I thought of loving Harry that Brendon's sad face flashed in my mind. I remembered the day I first told Brendon about the situation and the promise I made him.

'He sighed heavily and pressed his forehead to the steering wheel. "You deserve the best Noel and I do trust you. I'm just going to miss you a whole damn lot." This to me was Brandon giving me his blessing. He turned to face me once more, his hand flexed out and circled around my wrist. "Promise me one thing, do not fall in love with him." Brandon's eyes were full of desperation. I almost laughed, "Fat chance of that happening." I said with a cheeky smile which caused the mood in the car to lighten.'

At the time, I believed it would be easy to keep it. No way did I ever think that I would develop feelings for Harry, let alone love him. But now, thinking about the stage I was at, I had to reevaluate my priorities.