Chapter Eight

• Chapter Eight • 

Backstage was just how I imagined it to be, black and bombarded with heavy equipment. I made my way through the leads, carefully watching my steps as I followed the signs to the dressing rooms. Blinding lights seeped through the closed door. A paper was taped to the door which read 'One Direction'. Forming a fist with my right hand, I knocked on the door. Blurred words erupted from behind the door before it swung open. Niall smiled, "You look lovely Noel." 

I blushed deeply, looking down at my attire that Miss Teasdale insisted I wore. "Thank you, could I come in or is it performers only?" I asked meekly and Niall laughed. 

"Of course you can come in." Stepping aside, he allowed me to walk in. Just as one would imagine, large mirrors covered one wall, light bulbs framed the mirrors, illuminating the room. Sitting in front of the mirrors with Zayn, Harry and Liam. 

"Pass me an apple turnover would you love?" I jumped aside, not knowing where Louis voice was coming from. Niall walked over to lift the lid of a garbage bin revealing Louis inside. Fortunately for him, the bin had no contents, aside from him. 

Grabbing a napkin from the large table, an array of snacks sat waiting for the popstars to nibble. As requested, I handed Louis an apple turnover before sitting down on a leather seat in the corner. "Alright boys, make sure you come out and watch when 5 seconds of summer perform. Have a good show." Management and makeup artist were directed out of the room so I was left alone with the five boys.

When the door was securely closed Harry was the first to speak. "There's a party being held two blocks from here, Cara's doing a runway shoot up here and invited us."

There were three things very wrong with what he said. One was that there would be a party, two was that there would be super models there and three, he was interested in going. "I don't know Harry, remember what management said? No more parties." Louis was the voice of reasoning.

"What management doesn't know won't hurt them," he said with a cheeky gleam in his eyes.

Liam signed as his eyes left his phone. "Harry, management knows everything. You're Harry Styles for heaven's sake, if you're at a party the whole world will know. There is no escaping." 

"Come on guys. Niall, Barbara Palvin will be there." Harry added in a persuasive tone.

Niall's eyes widened in excitement but then looked to Louis who was shaking his head as a firm no. I decided it was time to put my two cents in, "Harry, you shouldn't go. Think about the consequences." He scoffed at my words, his eyes shooting daggers at my skull.

"You aren't my mother." He said firmly and normally I would back off, but not this time.

I stood up from the leather couch, fortunately it didn't squeak. "But you know she would be telling you the exact same thing. So what? You go to the party, you dance, you get drunk, hook up with some girl you dont even know. Then what? You can't call the boys because then management will find out, then you're screwed. Word get's around from the girl you hooked up with. Guess what? Cover's blown, you aren't serious about your career or committed to your relationship. Front page of every magazine has your reputation down in the dumps. That's it, Harry Styles is done. His name will only be a whisper now and then. And all because you went to some party you know you shouldn't have."

One could say I was being harsh but I did have a job to do, for Anne's sake, for Oxford's sake and for Harry's sake. I'd like to believe that we had formed a friendship over the course of the two days we've been together so I did want to see him achieve success. The room fell silent, Harry's teeth grinned against each other as he stood up. Fists clenched either side of him, I expected him to come after me.