Chapter 5

The days flew by as I spent my life in a different gloomy routine. Creighton and Harvin, who I learned were the two brits that work for my father, stayed by my side the whole time, only letting me be when I was in school or in the washroom.

Matt and my mother now do their own chores and my basement apartment was slowly emptying. Tomorrow was the funeral for my two best friends and the day after that me and Elliot were leaving for England.

Sighing one last time I look around the table that Liam, Evelyn  and I used to share, now Elliot sat with me  but I missed the way Liam always wrapped me in a hug when I talked about home or how Evelyn would joke about me dying a virgin.

School continued on a mono tone blur and I followed the crowd out to the parking lot where Elliot waited by his car. He knew I was still grieving so he just kept the radio on.

I was asked to give a speech about my friends and our life together tomorrow and I hadn't started it yet but I knew I just didn't want to believe that this was happening. I was still in denial but I knew it wouldn't last. I just had hope that this was all a dream and I would wake up and go to school and see them waiting at the lockers. Liam would have freshly baked goods and we would sit in our usual corner in creative writing, but that was just wistful thinking.

"Do you have everything ready for tomorrow?" Elliot's voice cuts through the silence and I shook my head.

"I just keep thinking that this is all a dream. That I'm not a future Dutchess,  that my best friends aren't dead and that -"

"Your life wasn't tiped up side down." He finishes for me and I nod again.

"It'll get better. Beside, you have me to protect you Ella." He adds, squeezing my hand gently.

We reach the house shortly after the car returned to a comfortable silence and we head inside, Matt glaring at us as we walk into the kitchen and grab some food.

"I can stay with you in your room if you want." He says as we head to the stairs, hot food in hand.

"No, I need to start on the speech for tomorrow. It needs to be good for them because they were my fanily." I state quietly.

"Just shout if you need me Ella." He pulls me into a hug and I smile before heading into my almost empty basement, setting my food on my desk and grabbing my lap top.

For a few minutes I just sit there, staring that the blank Microsoft Word document. There was so much to say and so much that the three of us have been through that I didn't know where to start.

Then an idea came to mind and before I knew it I was messaging every one we had known.

It was three in the morning by the time my idea was done and everything was saved and ready before I realized how tired I was, standing and stretching my tired muscles. My stomach was growling it's protest with lack of food and I decided to grab something to eat before bed.

Quickly I change into a pair of fuzzy pj pants and a tank top, removing the retraining bra I had on and sighing with relief. I hated those things.

Quietly I creep up the steps, slowly opening the basement door to the dark hallway and making my way down the hall to the kitchen where I grabbed some fruit and created a fruit salad, adding a steaming cup of green tea to it.

As I was about to grab my snack and head back to my room hands from behind me reach around to grope my breasts and I froze with fear

"Well well, finally alone at last with out your guard dogs." Tyler whispers into my ear as his lips find my neck.

I struggle to get out of his grasp, feeling the hard bulge of his errection pressed against me. I realize my efforts were useless as he forces me to bend forward against the counter, one hand gripping my hair as the other moves to my ass.

"No one is going to help you Ella so be quiet and let me get this over with. He threatens as I let tears fall from my eyes and then it hits me.

Taking a deep breath I let out an ear splitting scream, praying it would wake up Elliot, my scream ending with a punch to the back of my head.

"Shut up and take it like the slut you are." Tyler yells, a ringging sound in my ears muffling it slightly. My arms are wrenched behind my back as sobs wrack my body and I feel my pants being pulled down slowly then every thing stops and I find myself on the floor and Elliot laying fist after fist into Tyler.

"You bastard!" My savior shouts, hauling Tyler off the ground by his shirt.

"If you ever hurt Ella again I swear you'll regret it." He threatens as he pushes the now beaten twin to the ground before rushing over to me, Tyler making his escape as I am pulled into strong arms.

"It's okay, you're safe." Elliot coos as I sob into his chest. One moment I was in the kitchen with him, the next we were cuddled close together in my bed as slow tears fall every so often from the assault until I fall asleep with Elliot beside me, his arms tucking me close to his side protectively.