Chapter 8

The motion for me being lifted brought me back to the conscious world as I open my groggy eyes to find that I was in Elliot's arms as he carried me into the house. I don't know how long I've been out but my guess would be an hour or two.

"Elli?" I whisper, my voice sounding like a broken child.

"Go back to sleep Ells, I'm not leaving you. Never again." I nodd against his chest and do what he says, closing my eyes and letting sleep take me again.

The next time I woke up I was in bed with Elliot snoring beside me and the smell of pizza reaching my nose. Turning I see a note on the bed side table with a can of ice tea and a box with what I hoped was food because my stomach was growling.

Siting up slowly so as not to wake Elliot I pick the not up and smile, reading the contents.

        Ells, I knew you would be hungry so here is some food. It might be cold when you wake up but I know you like cold pizza better then hot.
I'm not gonna leave you so wake me up if you need me.
                                        Elliot

"Thank you, I whisper behind me to Elliot before I devour the Hawaiian pizza and chug the drink, sighing happily when my stomach was full.

I was still in my funeral clothes and I sighed, grabbing a tank top and a set of fuzzy pj pants before sliding out of bed and into the bathroom, changing quickly. I was about to head back to bed when the reflection in the mirror stops me and I sighed sadly.

My eyes were puffy from all the crying and my hair was limp. I was pale like a vampire and no emotion but sadness filled my usually bright eyes. I was drained both emotionally and physically.

"Ella?" A frantic voice calls out and I step out of the bathroom as Elliot jumps out of bed. He was dressed in sweat pants and a muscle shirt, looking just as tired as me.

"I'm here." I answer, his head pinpointing my location as soon as he heard my voice and I smile sadly at him.

"I thought..."

"I'm fine Elli." I cut in and he nods, sitting on my bed.

"We should get some more sleep." I say and he nods again, laying back in his former spot and waiting for me.

I smile at my step brother and climb into bed, laying my head down in the crook of his arm as we fell asleep. Tomorrow we were leaving this hell hole for good.