Chapter 9

Rain. That's what I could hear when I woke up. The sound of the droplets hitting the window of the basement.

It's like nature was crying because I was going to live in luxery, happy tears as I escape Toronto once and for all. Maybe it was Evelyn's and Liam crying for me, happy that their best friend was getting a second chance at a happy life but sad because they would never see me. A sad smile forms on my lips as I grab my phone to check the time, the lock screen lighting up to show a picture of the three of us by our lockers just a month ago. This is one picture I will never delete off of my phone.

Sighing, something I've been doing more then usual, I get up and turn on the light, a groan of protest coming from the bed and I roll my eyes at Elliot as he covers his face with a pillow.

"Five more minutes." He whines and I place my hands on my hips to glare at the sleeping teen.

"Get up and get dressed." I order and duck just in time out of the way of a flying pillow.

"No." Elliot argues back and I frown, taking the blanket and yanking as hard as I can, the fabric falling away from him.

"Damn it Ells I'm tired." He yells and I flinch away, scared that his fist would connect to my healing body.

He must have noticed my reaction because he jumps out of bed and pulls me into his arms, rubbing small circles on my tense back.

"I'm sorry Ella, I didn't mean to scare you." He whimpers quietly and I slowly relax.

"I...I know it's just-"

"You've been through a lot of abuse and it's reflex." He continues for me and I nodd, wrapping my arms around him.

I was happy to have Elliot back. He has been my support through all of this and I knew how sorry he was for treating me the way he did. Matt and my mother made him act the way he did and that's why he kept his distance from me. He told me everything two days after I had found out Liam and Evelyn died.

My mother had known my father was a Duke and knew he had to leave to rule but blamed me so that I would resent the man I never knew. When the twins found out Tyler thought he could use me, like usual, while Elliot was forced to be rude to me even though we were so close. That's why he chose to ignore me. He would rather put distance between us then hit me or worse, try to rape me like Matt wanted.

"What time is it?" I ask quietly, pulling back smiling.

"One minute." He chuckles and grabs my phone, clicking the lock button, the screen lighting up again.

"9:35 am. We leave in two hours and twenty five minutes." He says and I nodd.

"Let's get ready then. I'm sure we can call Uber eats to pick up some Denny's for us." I say smiling. Turning on my heels and grabbing the only other outfit I had left.

"Okay, I'll call in the order while I'm changing." He says as he walks by me, ruffling my already messy hair.

"Kay, the usual for me."

"Pancakes, five hashbrowns, three sausages and scrambled eggs right?"

"Yep!" I smile at the fact he remembered my usual, then I frowned because this would be my last meal at Denny's.

"Can you make that seven hashbrowns?" I ask childishly and Elliot chuckles again.

"Sure." With that he head up the stairs and I head into the washroom, taking a shower to wash away the last bit of sadness from the funeral. Liam and Evelyn would want me to be happy and I had to try for them.

I sigh once again this morning and lean my head against the tiled wall, the water running down my body as I thought about my friends. Not only will I be leaving Canada, I'll be leaving them here and leaving behind the places where all our memories were made.

A knock on the bathroom door jolts me out of my thoughts and I frown at the direction of the wooden door.

"Ells, food is here." Elliot's voice is muffled by the door and the sound of the shower and I turn the water off.

"Okay, be there soon" I shout out, wrapping a towel around my body and one around my head so my hair can dry, the room foggy with the humidity from the hot water.

Quickly I brush my teeth and dress, towel drying my long brown hair and braiding it into a simple side braid before grabbing the last of my things and opening the door, heading to the small suitcase I had and placing the rest of my clothes and bath products into it before grabbing the handle and making my way to the first floor, dropping the suitcase by the front door and heading to the direction of the smell of food.

I smile as I find Elliot in the kitchen with our food on the table, grabbing some ketchup from the fridge.

"Don't just stand there, take a seat." He says when he spots me and I frown, a little afraid.

"Y-you sure?" I stutter out, slowly walking towards the seat that used to be mine.

"Yeah, why?" Elliot asks and I look at him unsure.

"Because the last time I sat here was just before I became..."

"Oh. Yeah." Elliot says before pulling out my chair for me.

"Don't worry, the chair is not gonna bite." He laughs out and I tentatively take a seat.

It felt weird sitting at the table like I belonged here. The last time.i sat here was just before the first beating Matt gave me. He had sent me to the hospital and I stayed there for a week with a concussion and three broken ribs.

"We'll be gone before they get home." Elliot says, as if sensing how uncomfortable I felt sitting in this chair.

"I know...I just don't feel like I belong here. Not after all these years." I say quietly and catch Elliot frowning slightly.

"Once we're in, where are we going?"

"Edensberg, the new Dukedom that was formed fifteen years ago after the European war."

"Damn." Elliot says awestruck and I nodd.

"Apparently my grandfather was the one who helped win the war and settle Europe back to the way it was before but only better."

"So you're the grand child of a war hero?"

"Yeah."

"Okay then." Elliot says. I could see the wheels turning in his head as he tries to think of all the war hero's and I just chuckled quietly.

"So you're rich." He laughs out and I smile.

"I guess I am."

After that my worries dissappear and I devour my food, starting with the hashbrowns. I loved hash browns.

Around ten thirty the door bell rang and I went and opened it to find

Creighton and Harvin out side with a limo behind them.

"Time to go Lady Ellain." Harvin says and I nodd, putting on my shoes and grabbing my jacket.

Elliot and I pile into the limo and I watch as scenes of Toronto passed by. We were heading to a private air field so I got to see things I never thought I would see again. Yorkdale mall, CN Tower, Lake Ontario. I smile as I remember all of the sights me, Liam and Evelyn used to go to, buildings that have been around for years.

Places I will never see again.