Chapter one: harder than usual

Hello everyone! So I decided to make this and now I'm finally publishing. This is a sequel to a fanfic I made called "I Need You", so if you haven't read that yet, you should probably read it so you won't necessarily be confused whilst reading this one.

I hope you'll enjoy this sequel! Thank you for reading, and I hope you'll be enjoying this first chapter .xx

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Jeon Jungkook was now officially Kim Taehyung's boyfriend.

They didn't have to hide it anymore. Jungkook moved in with the elder for good now and he also searched around to get part-time jobs so Taehyung wouldn't be the only one working, as he'd only feel bad about it.

Taehyung was still the busy psychologist, but somehow it had started to change ever since what had happened recently.

Ever since Jungkook was released as Taehyung's patient. Ever since they had their court meeting. Ever since Mr and Mrs Yoo were submitted to prison, ever since Jungkook was officially his boyfriend, things started to change.

Taehyung was used to people recognising him as V, the best psychologist out there in the country. They used to bow politely and respectfully to him. They used to encourage him to continue his great work. They always smiled greatly to him. But now they stopped. No one smiled at him on the streets. No one encouraged him anymore. Or rather, it seemed like everyone was avoiding him now. Even Ms Song, Taehyung's assistant, was avoiding him as much as she could at work.

Jungkook always tried to encourage him and tell him not to think about it, but it went worse by each day.

On Thursday evening, Mrs Kim, Taehyung's boss, called him in to meet with her alone after work. When he made sure he had completed everything he was supposed to, he went to the right floor and knocked gently on the door to the woman's office.

"Come in," called the female voice, which allowed him to enter and take a seat on the opposite side of her desk. "Hello Taehyung," she greeted with a warm smile.

"Hello," Taehyung said, a bit stiffer than usual.

She waited for a few seconds as she studied his face. "How are you dear?" she asked.

"I'm good, thanks," Taehyung fake smiled, trying to make their conversation as short as possible.

"Taehyung, I'm asking how you're really feeling. Don't forget who I am now," Mrs Kim smiled again, "is it hard these days?"

"Harder than usual," he answered honestly, but still he tried to keep it as undetailed as possible.

"I can understand that," she said, "you do realise what has happened lately around you?"

"About the rumours about me? I have, yes."

Mrs Kim sighed as she fixed herself in her seat. "It must be hard for you. I actually think maybe it's for the best if you'd take a break for the time being," she muttered apologetic, not too loudly, but Taehyung heard her perfectly.

"You mean you're firing me?" he asked loudly, surprised by his own voice. It was breaking whilst he was talking, but it was no wonder. Being fired from the job he loved...was this a nightmare coming true? 

"No, I'm not firing you, aren't you listening?" she barked. "I am asking you to take a long break from work at the moment. I think it's for the best that you'll stay away from work until it has calmed down."

"Calmed down?" Taehyung nearly yelled as he stood up in his seat. "People around the country are calling me a bad psychologist, a liar, an abuser, a rapist, and so on! Everyone believes I forced my boyfriend to stay with me like I chained him up or something! The rumours got out of hand, and it's none of our faults!"

Mrs Kim stood up as well, looking angrier than before. "Of course I know that," she yelled as well, "but how is everything supposed to just stop like that? The rumours will eventually die and everything will go back to normal. You can't possibly work at the moment as no one wants to accept your help as being their therapist and therefore you cannot do any work. Just take your break," Mrs Kim explained, calming down as she talked and sat back down in her chair again, and so did Taehyung. "You can work in the meantime somewhere else, full-time or part-time job, but not here."

"Isn't it being fired though," he muttered, which his boss heard.

"You can come back in six months unless we have to delay it another six months after that if it's still critical."

Taehyung thought he couldn't feel worse these days, but today really proved him wrong. "I understand," he said in a low voice, "I'll be out of your way then." He stood up from the chair, bowed without eye contact and approached the door to exit.

"Taehyung," his boss called out, which he reacted to and glanced over his shoulder to meet her gaze. "I'll be expecting you in six months in my office. And good luck in the meantime."

Taehyung forced out another smile. "Thanks."

Jungkook was out trying to find places that were looking for people to hire. He preferably would want a full-time job to earn more money, but no places searched for that position and he thought maybe two part-time jobs would do for now.

The young male had dropped out of University as he thought it was a waste of time and also stopped him into earning more money, and he didn't have any specific goal to reach in school either. He had everything he wanted: Kim Taehyung.

As Jungkook arrived back home after flying from store to store in the city, he found the elder already lying on the sofa, looking to be sleeping.

"Hyung?" Jungkook whispered as he stood over him, kissing him lightly on the forehead. As the elder didn't respond, Jungkook figured he was asleep and decided not to wake him up. 

Instead, he went towards the kitchen and started to prepare their dinner for the evening. It wasn't really a complicated meal as even Jungkook could do it with his low skills, but he was improving by every time he did cook, and he was happy. Taehyung seemed exhausted, both physically and mentally, every time he got home, and the least Jungkook wanted was to make him even more exhausted because of him.

"Taehyung, dinner's ready. Hyung, wake up," Jungkook mumbled as he shook him slightly, which woke him up.

He groaned before sitting up. "Thanks, Jungkookie," he smiled weakly before they went towards the table together and started eating to fill their stomachs.

"How was work today?" Jungkook asked as they ate, mostly in silence.

"Horrible," Taehyung answered honestly.

"How come?"

"I was fired," he cried, which surprised Jungkook.

"Fired?" he gaped at him.

"Well, actually a break, but it's the same thing. I can't start work again in about six months," he told him.

"Did Mrs Kim tell you why?"

"You already know, don't you?" Taehyung spat, which he didn't mean to, but it just came out just like that. Just the thought of what was happening around him made him so irritable and emotional at the same time.

"The rumours?" the younger asked carefully.

"Yeah," Taehyung nodded apologetically for taking his anger out on him.

"What are you gonna do then?" he asked, still careful in case he hit a nerve. Lately, Jungkook had to be more careful than usual because of his boyfriend's sentimentality.

"Look for a job in the meantime, just like you, I guess," he replied, rather bored. Taehyung honestly didn't have the energy, or mood, to work more, but he knew he had to to keep a roof over their heads and food to fill their hungry stomachs.

"It'll be fine," Jungkook reassured him, although he sounded more confident than he actually was. Honestly, he was worrying about Taehyung - a lot - but he didn't want him to see it and become worse than he was lately.

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

So how did you guys like the first chapter? I will be updating soon again, and don't forget to vote & comment in the meantime~ xx