Chapter 5: He puts on this act

It's been a while since I've updated this story, and I'm sorry about that. I hope you'll enjoy this chapter, and I'll try to update sooner again. Thanks for reading everyone, and stay tuned for more .xx 

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀ 

Both Jungkook and Taehyung went out after breakfast. Taehyung said he needed to get some fresh air, and Jungkook said he had to meet up with Jimin as he had to learn some stuff about their company, which was half true. Actually, Jimin didn't suggest meeting up until tomorrow on Thursday as he was busy that weekend, and Jungkook's first day was at Monday the next week, but he just needed to get out of the house for a moment.

He wasn't mad at Taehyung for not remembering; it was granted that he wouldn't, but Jungkook was starting to get annoyed by the way his boyfriend was acting. He had obviously figured out why he was drinking, according to the drunken Taehyung, but he hadn't confronted him about it.

Why wasn't Taehyung talking to him? Why didn't he say stuff to him like before. Stuff like he was having trouble sleeping, stuff that was troubling him, and so on. Taehyung used to be so open, but ever since the rumours started, he seemed to have put on this "act" that he was the strongest person ever, when he was in fact not. Especially not alone, but he himself didn't realise this. And Jungkook needed to ask Jimin what to do, as he was obviously his best friend, and he'd know what to say and do with him when he was this troubled. 

Jungkook was standing outside Jimin and Yoongi's house and rang the doorbell. The person that opened the door was the elder, and he seemed quite surprised by the visit of the other.

"Oh, Jungkook? What are you doing here?" he asked.

Jungkook could definitely tell Yoongi wasn't sleeping much. He had big dark bags under his eyes, and he had already yawned two times during the ten seconds he had seen the other. "I was uh, hoping to see Jimin hyung?" he asked.

Yoongi nodded. "Sure, come in," he muttered as he opened the door wider and stepped inside.

Jungkook followed him inside, taking off his shoes, and closed the door.

"Jimin, you have a visitor!" Yoongi yelled as he sloppily crashed down onto the sofa in the lounge in front of the television, although he didn't look like he was focusing on it at all.

"You okay hyung?" Jungkook asked the elder concerned.

"I'm fine, thanks Jungkook," Yoongi replied with a forced smile at him, then back to pretending like he watched something on TV.

"Jungkook? I said to meet tomorrow," Jimin said confused as he spotted the younger one in his lounge.

Jungkook hesitated as Yoongi was still near their presence, which Jimin could clearly see, and beckoned for him to follow him into the kitchen to carry on their chat.

"You look worried. What's up?"

"I'm...worried about Taehyung hyung," he admitted. Jungkook had mentioned about Taehyung's new drinking habit and a slightly odd behaviour since he was told off work, but now it was worrying the younger one so much he wanted help. Serious help. "His drinking is becoming way worse, just like yesterday where I found him in this stall and was completely gone, and doesn't remember shit the day after. And the way he talks when he's sober..." he stopped for a moment, struggling against the tears that wanted to fall when thinking about his boyfriend, "he's just so off. He sounds, and even looks, so broken."

Jimin was silent for a bit before responding. "So what do you want to do? Are you asking me to talk to him? Because I don't know what I can do. Only you can help him Jungkookie. It's you who he needs. He needs his boyfriend to stand beside him, talk to him, tell him he's always by his side, tell him you love him as much as he loves you, because that is what he needs. Not you going around, worried sick, but not knowing what to do and end up doing nothing," explained for the younger.

"I just really don't know what to do sometimes. Even when he's sober, he's like a different person now. He doesn't even try to seem like he's okay, although every time I try to talk to him seriously, he brushes it off and refuses to talk about it. It's like he's putting on this act, just because he doesn't know how broken he has become."

A tear was already streaming down his cheek and down to his chin, but Jungkook didn't wipe it. He just needed answers. He needed advices. He needed to be told what to do, because he surely didn't know what to do himself.

Jimin sighed heavily as he held reassuringly over Jungkook's curled up hands on the table, "what you need to do is always be there for him. Spend more time with him. Talk more with him. Just be together. Letting him go outside won't do good. Coming here and whine won't do good. Just be together, no matter what you do, will help more than you think.

"You're in a mature relationship Jungkookie. All you need to do is be mature yourself, and you'll handle it perfectly."

Jungkook nodded. "You're right hyung. Thanks," he smiled gratefully at him as he was about to go back home again and take care of his boyfriend.

"Come if you or Taehyung needs help. At the moment I need to take care of my sleeping beauty though," he grinned playfully as he guided him towards the entrance door.

"Good luck," Jungkook said back before exiting, waving goodbye to his friend.

Be mature, Jungkook thought repeatedly to himself, be mature no matter what. 

On Jungkook's way back home, he was almost right in front of Taehyung's work's building, as it was along the way, but when he glanced in towards the entrance door, he spotted the same back he saw every morning and night.

He saw the brown haired figure standing close to the door, holding his hand on the door handle, seeming to stroke it gently with his thumb subtly.

The closer the younger male approached, he sooner could see the expression on the psychologist, and he realised he had tears in his eyes that was streaming gently downwards. "T-Taehyung?" Jungkook whispered surprised by the other's action.

Taehyung was startled by the other's presence, and he even seemed frustrated on how to act as he quickly wiped his tears. "Jungkookie," he whispered, almost inaudible, "I was just, passing by," he said with a pause.

Jungkook didn't even know why Taehyung tried explaining himself. He didn't have to explain himself.

He could tell how much Taehyung missed being here. How much he missed working, how much he missed helping people.

Without any of them saying anything, Jungkook slowly approached closer, and when he was right in front of the elder, he held out his hand, waiting for his boyfriend to hold it.

He firstly glanced down at it, then back up to his gaze; with a weak smile, he grabbed it as he intertwined their fingers affectionately, and walked away from the door.

In silence, they headed home without saying anything, just walking in silence.

Jungkook knew Taehyung was thinking about work. He knew him well enough to not want to talk right now. He knew Taehyung would rather be quiet, at least until they got back home.

"Oh my god," said a sudden stranger voice right behind them, "aren't you the infamous psychologist, V?"

The two males turned around with a frown upon their faces. "Excuse me?" Jungkook said to the lady.

"Oh, then you must be his patient then?" she said as she met the black haired boy's gaze.

"I'm not his patient," Jungkook growled, ignoring the squeezing he felt from the elder.

"Oh, am I wrong then? You're not V?" she asked, looking back at Taehyung.

"He's Kim Taehyung, and I'm Jeon Jungkook, his boyfriend," he said with a low voice, trying hard not to glare too hard.

"So I was right," the lady smirked, "it's kind of obvious with your hands. And your patient," she said, staring at Taehyung, "horrible choice young man."

"He's not the infamous V, and I'm not his patient. Get your facts straight," he spat, not even trying to sound polite anymore, "now excuse us, we're going home." He quickly turned around and sped up his walking with Taehyung being dragged behind him.