Chapter 18: May the court meeting begin

I'm gonna say this now that I'm neither professional when it comes to crime cases nor court scenes, so I'm just doing my best after I did some light research and from what I've watched before. This is just some amateur scenes from an amateur writer, so please don't hate my lack of knowledge ;-; I just tried my best to make it more interesting than I did in the first book where I literally added no details whatsoever, so I just tried to make it more exciting~ I hope you'll enjoy this, so have a good read peps .xx

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Months had passed.

The young male's hands and legs were trembling. He was standing outside a massive double door. Just inside of that door was going to take the place of their court meeting. Mrs Go seemed pretty confident in Jungkook's case, as he could tell, but was still nervous as he could get.

On the other side of the hallway, he saw Mr Nam speaking to another elder looking male that must've been his own lawyer.

A sudden appearance from further away grabbed the young male's attention as an old man was walking towards him and the crowd around him. He guessed it to be their judge as he stood right in front of the double door, opening it, and turning around to face the people behind him. "The court meeting of Mr Jeon Jungkook and Mr Nam Seungjin will take place in this room. Please follow me inside."

Everyone did so. Most people sat in the seats outside of the meeting room with a low fence, only allowing certain people inside. Jungkook went in along with the judge, his lawyer, Mr Nam and his own lawyer, and Park Jimin.

"The witness, Mr Park Jimin will sit in the witness box. Mr Jeon Jungkook, please sit on the right side with your lawyer Mrs Go Eunhyun," the judge announced, "Mr Nam Seungjin and your lawyer Mr Uk Kyungwook, please take a seat on the left side."

Everyone did as they were told. The judge sat in the middle in the back with a hammer on the side for him to take control if necessary, and he brought out a pile of papers. "The trial of the case with Mr Jeon Jungkook declaring Mr Nam Seungjin to have sexually and verbally assaulted him without permission and sueing. May the court meeting begin." He knocked with the wooden hammer once, and so the two lawyers stood up at the same time. "The claiment's lawyer, Mrs Go Eunhyun, may start."

"Thank you, Your Honour," she said politely after she stood up, holding up a paper sheet in front of her, starting to walk around. "I've spoken a lot with Mr Jeon about the incident as well as I've done some own research myself. I talked to Mr Park Jimin as well. May I be allowed to ask him some few questions here in the meeting?"

"You may," the judge allowed.

"Thank you." She turned towards Jimin - who actually looked a bit nervous himself - but he seemed determined at least. He hated Mr Nam more than anyone, and he was going to make sure he'd pay his well deserved punishment. "We've been well informed you're a witness of this case, am I right Mr Park?"

"Yes, I am a witness," Jimin said loud and clear.

"Then you have no problems with answering honestly to my questions about the assault incident?"

Jimin nodded. "That's right."

Mrs Go then started her questioning. "What time did you finish work that same day the incident took place with Mr Jeon and Mr Nam?" she asked clearly.

"I finished work at six in the evening," he responded.

"But you happened to go back again after leaving?" she asked. "Please explain your reason detailedly."

Jimin nodded. "Before I went home, Jeon Jungkook had asked me to deliver his finished work to our boss Mr Nam for him. I didn't think it was a big deal, plus I was in a hurry to get home to my partner whom had made dinner for me, so I told him I couldn't. I didn't see at the time, but he seemed really stressed about it, and he was nearly begging me, although I didn't noticed until later. I finished work and I was already at home eating dinner until Jungkook's partner called me, asking me why he wasn't home yet.