2: A Fine Game Of Political Chess

"Returning from their harvest, the Kylleade Castle, dark and foreboding, derelict of the common lay vampire, save for only the most scheming of dastardly bloodsukers."

Back at the castle stronghold in the tactics room, a Lich was playing a game of chess with a vampiric beauty.
"Check mate, looks like I won this round Lord Danos."

"Indeed, this was the most competitive round of chess I have played in years Lady Rahja, now, if you will excuse me, I must be attending to my duties." Replied Danos.
"Of course, I shall wait by the gates for the king's return to the castle." Rahja said.

Lady Rahja was a mysterious vampiress, few to none knew of her true heritage and her background was suspicious to say the least.

When Remi was exploring the Kylleade forest unaccompanied in search for clues into the malicious stabbing of his father, he entered a particularly dangerous section of the woods where a row was taking place between two green land vampires.

He came across Rahja while she was being kept hostage as a bargaining chip between the two green landers, Remi defeated and killed the two vampires with a double beheading slice from his double bladed Katana.

Rahja eventually broke free of her own will and thanked the prince for saving her life.

"Thank you, kind stranger but if I am not mistaken are you not the prince soon to be king of the Kylleade Kingdom?" Said Rahja.
"Yes, you are not mistaken, my lady."
"Please, you may address me as Rahja."
"It is my pleasure to meet such an astounding beauty like yourself, Lady Rahja." Remi flirtatiously declares.

"Your highness, I deserve not such praise by your greatness but if it pleases you so."
"If you do not mind me asking but how did you come to be in this position." Remi suspiciously asks.

A new stroke of confidence enters Rahja as she quickly mounts a straight standing position.
"I was blindsided by these two green landers and they were planning to...they were planning to perform dishonest actions on myself." Said Rahja as a crocodile tear ran down her cheek.

"Those fowl, abhorrent creatures!" As Remi slams his left fist into the side of the cage".
"But you do not have to worry yourself so, I was capable of handling the situation but I am most flattered to receive assistance by the King himself." Rahja complimented.

"Well my lady, do you mind telling me which esteemed branch of vampires you stem from." Remi asks in an authoritative tone.

"I originated from the Rayne Stone Kingdom of vampires your highness." Rahja proudly states.
"I am not familiar with that group of vampires, do you mind telling me of their history." Remi asks.
"Not at all, your highness, the Rayne Stone family have been affiliates to the Kylleade kingdom since their existence came to be." Rahja assertively said.

"I see, so, would you like accompany me back to the kingdom, you would be treated as my most humbled guest."
"I would very much like that, your highness, thank you for your kindness and graciousness." Rahja spoke in such a demeaning yet complimentary tone, it was clear she had an alternative agenda by sucking up to the king in such a way.

Back in the present time:
"Welcome back, your highness I hope you had a pleasant feast." Rahja asked.
"Yes Lady Rahja, although the king detests the flavor of human blood it will simply have to make do in comparison to the superior rich taste of ogrish blood." Roqu said.

They make their way to the tactics room in the dungeons of the castle.
"Sire, welcome back, I have matters of importance we must discuss."
"Yes Lord Danos, I am very aware of our current situation which is why I called to assemble this meeting." Remi said slightly agitated.

"The troops are fatigued, sire our current food source will not last much longer, we must re-supply the food storage chambers, unfortunately your little excursion was merely a setback to the inevitable declination of our soldiers." Danos said.
"Yes I know, we will dispatch another group of meat gatherers in a fortnight." Remi announced.

"Will you be joining the squad Remi?" Roqu asked.
"No I have already feasted just now I will remain in the castle quarters to devise a plan against Zenrah's forces with Lord Danos." Replied Remi.

"Also, sire, a member of the green land community is here.
He wishes to speak with you, he is here on behalf of Master Zenrah and desires to set up a meeting with you in his domain, at the time of you're choosing with Master Zenrah himself." Lord Danos said.

"This is interesting." Remi thought to himself.
After a lengthy chat with the nomad vampire, Remi accepted the offer at a price.
"Very well however inform your master that I shall be bringing along an entourage with me."
"Yes, your highness I shall inform my master of your decision immediately." The nomad left the meetings room in haste.

"Your highness don't believe this treacherous white flesh-ling, His so called master is a scheming diplomat and not to be trusted under any circumstances." Roqu said.
"Yes, Roqu I know, which is why I am bringing you and Lady Rahja along with me, Zenrah would be foolish to ambush the king in his home turf and disgracing the vampiric oath, causing such dishonor among his own troops who abide by this decree." Remi declares.

"Remi, I truly believe you are making a grave mistake..." Roqu claims.

Far in the south-west of Silouwa, the dense forest, full of high pine trees and rich wild life.
Birds chirping away, deer running free and Silouwan wild squirrels foraging for chestnuts.
It is truly a preserved and beautiful part of land the elves had kept serene depsite all the conflict and turmoil the war had caused.

Near the outcrops of the forest of the West of Silouwa, a Kylleade vampire standing high in a pine tree munches down on a robin, as he glances around he looks down to see a noble elf targeting him.

"You filthy animal." Tobak whispered to himself.
"OOOOOOOOFFF!.."

The vampire is struck in the heart with an arrow, grasping at the arrow piercing his chest and in pain, falls from the height of the tree at fierce velocity and crashes into the ground face first.

The elf approaches non chalantly and with an air of arrogance.
With his bow and arrow trained on the vampire, uses his foot to turn him over.
With the arrow snapped off, the vampire clutches the end of the pointed tip while his mouth gurgles with blood.

The dying vampire turns his face to meet the eyes of his killer's.
"You piece of Elven shit! Hahahaha!"

Tobak stares at the fallen creature in disgust, he then draws a blade from his belt buckle before declaring, "You hateful beast, how dare you enter our borders without permission and disrupt our wildlife."

"Your pathetic race will fall, LONG LIVE THE KYLLEADE EMPIRE!"

Tobak proceeds to stab the unruly vampire in the head ending his life swiftly.

"No. It is your kind that will be eradicated from this land." Tobak declares to the now silent vampire.

Chapter Glossary

Rayne Stone Family: An ancient race of vampires supposedly of Kylleadic origin.
Meat gatherers: A group of vampires dispatched by the kingdom to kill and gather prey to collect and store in the castles food storage chambers.
Vampiric Oath: A code of ethics set by the forefathers of the vampire race. Every division of vampires must adhere to this decree or forever be disgraced as a vampiric citizen and be out ruled by the capital.

Thanks for reading! See you next time!