5: Extreme Dark Elf Rule

"Silouwa, in the north of the nation, the Dark Elves rule this part of the region with unforgiving ferocity. Ruled by an even more ferocious totalitarian, the malevolent Empress Korintha and her other half, the rather docile Emperor Rothos."

When the dark elf Queen, Mother Hathiena's rule came to an end after 126 years, she was immediately succeeded by her daughter, Korintha.
After a full secession of her monarchy, she endowed her daughter with prestige and power as the new ruling monarch of the dark elves. Korintha, however, abused her newly bestowed powers.

Oblivious of her daughter's true intentions to bring peace and unity to the population. Korintha, instead conspired to bring the once peaceful Silouwa into upheaval and trepidation.
Under the supreme rule of the cynical Empress and her governing nation of Dark Elves, she declared war against its once fellow Elven allies to determine the dominate rulers of the Silouwan nation.

The Queen discovering her daughter's scheming revelation and incitement to rebellion, confronted her prodigal hell-spawn in the great hall, to bring her reign of terror to an end.

Hathiena, astounded after learning of her daughter's true deceitfulness, decried her actions calling her, "the embodiment of evil itself."

Flattered by her mother's remarks, Korintha laughs hysterically before replying to her.

"Oh Mother, I do enjoy your demonizing accusations."

"But yes I am waging war upon those filthy elves, so that WE, the great dark elves, may rule this great city. Then after our conquest of Silouwa, we will claim Saeria. "

Afterwards, the empress issued her mother an ultimatum. She would either join her in her conquest to conquer the continent or die by her hands.

Naturally she refused the impending threat and accepted her fate of death at the hands of her own daughter, not wanting to witness the horror that would soon ravage the land.
Before she kneeled before her in ritualistic fashion, Korintha proclaimed that she was in fact manipulating Rothos.

Confounded by her daughters revelation, Hathiena gasps in shock. she draws a blank gaze as Korintha sneakily draws an ancient ceremonial dagger from the inside of her royal gown.
The pompous Korintha, stares at her own reflection in the dagger, smirking before confirming her mother's suspicion's.

"How can you? It is sacred power. Not to be wielded recklessly. It will destroy the very foundations of our city!" Cried Hathiena aloud.

"Yes, and with it, no one would dare defy the great dark elves."
"Once Rothos breaks into the tomb of the great dark elf king and claims the inferno jewel. He alone will wield the flames of the great dark fire. Then I will filch his ungodly powers and claim them as my own."

"No you can't! I will not allow it!" angrily declares Hathiena as she stands up and rushes to stop her daughter.

She runs directly into the sharp end of the blade being held by Korintha and it plunges deeply into her abdomen.

She lets out a groan as she falls back off the dagger and collapses to the floor in agony holding her stomach.

"You have no choice in the matter, mother, you cannot stop my inevitable rise to power."

Only a male heir to the throne may claim this esteemed jewel without the power of the dark fire corrupting and eventually overwhelming its user to its bidding.

Shortly after Korintha takes power as ruler of the Dark Elves, she attends a conference to discuss the terms of her newly bestowed leadership.
She develops an infatuation for the high-elf, Lord Taine, after over-hearing his romantic serenades to Lady Aysih.
During their encounters at the Silouwan Nation Congregate, when both races were still at peace with each other, she develops a strong jealousy towards Aysih as a result.