8: Rise Of The Forest Vampires

"The tide is changing. The peaceful inhabitants of the Kylleade forest have been outlawed and ignored for far too long. Now is the time for them to stand and fight."

Soaring high above in the cloudy blue sky. The undead master of the forest, the demon of the underworld, the white devil incarnate...Zenrah and his minions have finally come to join the Saerian war as they make their way towards Yuran...

The Yuranian kingdom of the human empire was under threat. The Yuran castle fortress was under siege from a tandem of forces, in a combined effort, the dark elves and the Kylleade vampires worked in unison to bring down the human stronghold.
With the loss it would mean catastrophe for the one faction that was already severely underpowered, overwhelmed and on the brink of outright extinction.

Dark elf archers riding mamgols; wooly mammoth beasts the size of horses, yet surprisingly agile, were galloping around the battlefield.
Targeting human forces and unarmed civilians fleeing the breached castle wall on the East side of the castle fortress.

The Kylleade vampire forces, brutal and lightning quick in their assault, pouncing upon their human prey. The inhuman height of their jumps terrifying human civilians, who have not grown accustomed to the horrors of their kind. Screamed and yelled in agony as their necks were being chewed and their flesh torn asunder by the the bloodthirsty bloodsuckers.

The soon to be king of the vampire legion, Remi himself and his loyal general, the fierce, giant vampire Roqu, slowly walked through the bloody battlefield. Unfazed at the common sight and smell of death all around them.

As the human citizens of the Yuran empire flee toward the inner castle gates and to sanctuary. Out pour the human army's elite divine force by decree of the king.
The human cavalry were called to arms and the great knights decked in heavy steel armor poured out of the inner wall gates to protect the kingdom.
Lyrese and his soldiers with Orlo and Tyriah, attack and defend from the frontline, desperately trying to repel the dark forces from destroying the very foundations of their city.

"Keep them back!" Furiously yells Lyrese.
"Knights, protect the reatreating civilians! Your armor will protect you from the force of the vampire bites and claws!"
"Cavalry, charge in and stop the mamgol archers! Lyrese! Have your men target them and bring them down!
"Tyriah support Orlo with your magic!" Lyrese commands his men.

Tyriah focusing her will upon her mages earth staff given to her by her father. Unleashes a mighty tremor, that shakes the ground all around the mamgol riders, making the archers fall over as the mamgol tumble and crash into one another.
This gives the opportunity for Lyrese and his highly disiplined group of archers, easy pickings, as they maim the dark elves and mamgol.

Yes, despite Orlo's head being nearly wrought with all the alcohol he consumed earlier at the make shift tavern, which was now a total wreck.
His sight and precision with his trusted ivory bow and elven arrows did not take a hit, as he scores shot after shot of dark elves and leaping vampires from the sky.

Orlo was a fantastic archer. So to the effect, he was trained by the great Sir Tobak. And was even given honorary rights as an Elven citizen, meeting many noble elves as he grew accustomed to their culture.
His openess to the Elven population made him a target for hatred and prejudice from both sides but his men trusted him none the less, especially Tyriah, who knew of his acceptance of the elves, grew closer to him on the battlefield.

Who would know that love could bloom on the battlefield.
But it could. As the humans of the Yuran empire would soon learn.

As the humans courageously and successfully wade through the battle.
The dark elves who had come to an agreement with the vampires of Kylleade begin to question their situation as the battle takes an unexpected turn in favour of the humans.