3: An Elven Engagement

"West of Silouwa, the kingdom of the noble elves, and home to a bustling nation filled with commerce, trade and industry. The massive 100 foot walls protect the common elf from the dangers and horrors of the war, only the elven military and honorary high militia venture outside the sanctuary of the kingdom."

The Great Elven kingdom in the North of Silouwa was a giant fortress situated on an elevated hill, so close to the skies you could practically touch the clouds.
The overall size of the kingdom was expanded ever since the war broke out between the Dark Elves.
Gigantic marble doors of the most magnificent of Elven architecture protected the fortress from a potential castle siege.

Just outside the kingdom, a hundred watch towers were erected to keep watch over any activity happening around the kingdom.

An elven watch guard situated in the left of the two towers nearest to the kingdom gates, uses his keen Elven sense of sight to spot anything approaching the kingdom.
Merely, moments later he sights a figure protruding from the deepest recesses of the Silouwan forest that was making his way towards the fortress entrance.

It was the elite high-elf Tobak, carrying a comatose vampire on his right shoulder.
The heavyweight of the deceased vampire on his shoulder did not seem to faze him in the slightest, as he made his way towards the two high-elf guards standing near the entrance doors observing Tobak very carefully.

Tobak was an imposing figure, tall and well built he wore a golden cascade pendent bearing the image of the great elven Queen, Eskana.
The two guards when approached by the elite high elf Tobak, placed two fingers on their forehead to signify a peace sign. This was the Elven greeting.

"Greetings, soldier." Tobak said as he flashed two fingers at the high-elf guards in mutual respect.
"I see you 'av returned from your lil' stroll in the woods, an you found a Kylleade straggler by the looks of it too, sir, Tobak sir." The elven guard to the right said with a thick accent.

"Indeed, this unfortunate one was disturbing the wildlife, so I quickly put an end to it's miserable life. "Tobak said arrogantly.
"HO!, Lord Taine is'n gunna be happy 'bout tat sir." The guard on the right said.
"Bishop, mind your manners, you are speaking to the great sir Tobak." said the more disciplined Elven guard on the left.

"Yes and you not need patronize me so...now open the gates I need to speak with my brother at once." Tobak said forcefully.
"Rite 'way sir!" The right guard said.
"Oi!, Werrick, open the gates!" Yelled the guard on the right as he gestures at the elf above in an alcove, where archers would defend the kingdom's fortress.

The watch guard spotting the hand signal from below sprinted to the giant portcullis directly to the right side of him and pulled the lever down.
The giant marble doors began creaking loudly and slowly opened revealing the beautiful interior walls and evenly cemented stone ground.

An idyllic paradise for the Noble elves it was, the ancient architecture of the palace located in the center of the fortress was pristine and it had stood there for millennia, however, it did not seem to wear with age.
The Elven Empire had beared witness to many era's during its time ever since the dawning of the first elven tribes in Saeria.

The hub was bustling with busy and important looking Elven citizens and courtiers.
The approximate number of the Elven population had reached 400,000, and was increasing as the economy was striving daily.

"The Elven Empire of Saeria." Tobak said to himself.

"Bout the corpse sir, we can d'spose of it, if ya like." Said the guard on the right interrupting Tobak's train of thought.
"Yes, that would be very kind of you, post its decomposing body on a spear as a warning to other illegal immigrants of the Kylleade Empire." Tobak ordered.
"Yes sir." The guard on the right proclaimed as he takes the body from Tobak's shoulder and carries it into the woods.

Tobak finally enters the fortress and heads to the palace. A gorgeously built structure of size and considerable wealth, it was the pinnacle of Elven architecture.
Inside the monarch's courtroom of the palace an agitated elf nervously paces around back and forth.

"Taine, is Aysih awake yet." Asks Tobak.
"You! Where in the white hell have you been!" Lord Taine asks frustratingly.
"I was merely scouting the forest for trouble that is all." Tobak said tiredly.
"Do you know how worried Lady Aysih was when you left the palace this morning?" Said Taine.

"Yes, I just needed some time alone to think of the upcoming predicament."
"Predicament? You are soon to marry the lady!" Taine said with a shocked demeanour.

"I know, you don't have to remind me brother." Said Tobak as he wonders around and sits down on the King's throne.
Yes, it was a precarious time for the soon to be king of the Elven Empire.

Lady Aysih was in the meetings room with the four generals of the high elf council and her fellow loyal subjects.

"My queen, we must tread carefully, Korintha's forces have placed scouts near the Silouwan forest, and if seen by them will alert the dark legion to our presence." Said one of the high elf generals.
"Very well, we will dispatch the angel squadron to counteract their forces while Lord Taine and King Tobak lead the assault from the front."

"And what of the archers my Queen."
"I will lead the archers myself into battle and support the rear." Said Aysih.
"My Queen, are you sure you want to interject yourself into this battle." Said one general worryingly.
"Yes, the victory gained in this small battle is of paramount importance to reclaiming the north back to its rightful owners." Said Aysih

"I will discipline the archers in the barracks to guard you with their lives, my Queen."
"Thank you General Islo, this meeting is adjourned." Announced Aysih.
"We are on the verge of an outbreak of a full scale war with the Dark Elves.
May the great mother Eskana, guide us during this turbulent time of our humbled city." Said Aysih.

The Generals leave the meeting room, isolated with only Lady Aysih sitting in the centre of the table, pondering to herself.

Tobak slyly sneaks into the meetings' chamber to surprise Lady Aysih, startling her from behind.
"Ahh, Tobak you have returned, are you all right, I was worried about you."
"My Queen, you are stunning each and every time I lay my eyes on you."
"Tobak, I am not queen yet but humor me, you are the most dashing Elf in the kingdom."

"Taine won't like what you just said, my lady." Said Tobak jokingly.
"Oh, Tobak, I only ever had eyes for you, I apologize if I ever gave your brother the wrong impression." Said Aysih.
"Well, he still harbors a little hatred when he sees us together but he's pretty much over it....I'm not complaining." Tobak cheekily declares as the two share a passionate kiss...

On a sunny afternoon in the Land of Yuran, A soldier angrily battles a vampire near a stream of running water in the Yuranian woods.

"Die! You dirty half  vampire!" Lyrese says as he drives his sword into the stomach of his foe.
"I will not rest until each and every one of your disgusting kind is dead at my feet." Declares Lyrese to the vampire as he clutches at the sword still impaled in him.

Lyrese withdraws the sword from the vampire's abdomen and beheads the vampire kneeling on all fours on the ground.
The head of the vampire rolls from his body and into the stream changing the color of the running water to a light shade of red.

"Your teeth aren't so dangerous without a head to bite with you mongrel." angrily Lyrese declares.

Chapter Glossary:

Eskana: The great elven mother who wielded mystical magic, specifically Holy Ice magic as a counterpart to the dark-elf queen Hathiena and her Dark Fire magic.
Elven Greeting: A code of respect shared among the Elves of only the highest ranks usually the Royal Guards and Elite High-Elfs.
Angel Squadron: Elven soldiers with wings bestowing upon them the ability of flight.

Thanks for reading! See you next time!