6: The Ogre Wars

"Karshmal, the powerful demon overlord of Drengol conquered all who opposed him and his army of equally dangerous ogres.
Led by his right hand man and overseer, the mysterious undead wizard Urushkutar."

Few knew of Karshmal's true origin, lesser still the enormous power he weilded.
Endowed with the power to generate fire that envelops his body as protection, he could also manipulate this power at will leading many to speculate of his true heritage.

Was he an ogre? No ogre's have any mystical nor magical abilities.
Was he human? No human could match his physical profile of strenght and stature, besides his near 8" foot frame made him tower over any mere mortal.

His overseer, a dark wizard, who none knew of either.
Even more mysterious than the overlord. Urushkutar was a dark magician, so powerful was his magic that even the magic of Saeria's most powerful court magician, Wenlock, paled in comparison.

"Break the silence."

"Yes, master." Ushered Urushkutar.

The balaclava wearing demon wizard's glowing eyes, radiated a bright yellow.

His dark magic was frightening that few dared to cross him.
Only Karshmal himself, seems to be unaffected by it, either that or he is completely immune to the effects of magic in general as few dared to even test it on him.

"The barrier is down, master." Urushkutar speaks in a hollow voice.

"Attack them, now. Kill all of them but spare the lich." Orders Karshmal.

His band of a hundred loyal foot soldiers charge in to attack the Kylleade vampires being led by a lone lich commander, while Karshmal and Urushkutar remain to survey the battle from afar.

"Who is it." Asks Karshmal.

This lich's magic is strong. It reminds me of someone very familiar milord." Replies Urushkutar.

Before long Karshmal's army of ogres slash and brutally slay the small group of vampires, with their war axes, leaving but one, the lich.

"Master, the lich is captured." Said one of the ogres.

The lich being dragged by two ogres are brought face to face with Karshmal, as it is interrogated.

"What are you looking for here in Drengol, what purpose brings you here." Orders Karshmal.
"I would suggest you answer my master." Implores Urushkutar further.

"I...I cannot." The lich before he finishes, chants an unknown hymn in an incomprehensible language.
"Kalashdarr, Oromigarr, Yakarrizkitarr..."
"Stop him." Shouts Karshmal.

Before Urushkutar can counteract the lich's spell, he disappears leaving nothing but his cape still being held by the orges.

"Where did he go overseer." Karshmal orders.

"Long range teleportation spell milord."
"A massive expenditure of magic and only used as a last resort by liches."
"It does not make sense why he would use it even in death unless he has something very important to hide."
Replies Urushkutar.

"We must find out what their purpose is. There has been so much activity in Drengol as of late." Said Karshmal.

"Dark elves and now Vampires and Liches working together."
"We must find the source, if they find it milord, it could mean..." Urushkutar speaks before he is cut off.

"Yes, I know overseer, the end of Saeria will come."
"We must find it and protect it, if they find it, we are all doomed." Said Karshmal.

Urushkutar turns his head to the right as he senses a magical disturbance far away.