9: The Unrelenting Human Soul

It was time to leave. The castle siege at the Yuranian kingdom by dark forces had left nothing but absolute destruction in its wake.

At the epicentre of the battlefield of the human kingdom stood two factions of opposing vampires. The Kylleade soon to be king, Remi, his loyal general, Roqu and his kingdom of dapper vampire minions. Stood across from them was the Kylleade forest leader, lord Zenrah and his band of loyal forest vampires.

The humans were, as always stuck inexplicably in the middle of the conflict and their choice was simple. Stay out of it or attempt to drive both forces out of their territory. Lyrese's position was clear. His brash temperament was obviously alluding to his desire to attack all hostile forces and protect the human kingdom. His allies and fellow officers however, thought otherwise. Preferring to wait it out until the skirmish that was soon to be set was over.

Both leaders of the vampire forces looked down each other intensely. With stern unabating stares, neither flinched and both threw daggers at each other. The conflict soon drew to a conclusion.
The appeasment policy that was agreed upon previously by both Remi and Zenrah came to ahead sooner than expected...

"Ah, the King and his loyal entourage at his side. Just what I'd expect from...oh it appears the current King isn't here." Zenrah smirks as he blurts out his obvious false prentenses.
"And who might this young darkling be in the King's stead." Asked Zenrah.
"I am the Prince of Kylleade. Soon to be King of the Kylleade empire, the greatest force of Vampires in the entirety of Saeria." Declared Remi

"A pleasure, my liege. I am..." before he can introduce himself, he is cut of by the General of the Kylleade forces, Roqu, who stood on near equal footing with Zenrah.
"Drop the pretenses, Master Zenrah. We know who you are." Proclaimed Roqu.
"My My, no need to aggravate yourself  General Roqu..." slyly claimed Zenrah.

"I am merely here as an informant for  your gains." Said Zenrah.
"And what is it exactly you desire to gain from divulging this information to us." Claimed Remi.
"Nothing. I only seek to gain to amicable bonds between us for the future peace between all the vampire races." Zenrah spoke in a sarcastically laden tone.

"Remi..." Roqu is cut off by Remi.
"Very well then. What is this crucial information you speak of." Remi said in a autocratic tone.
"Korintha, Empress of the Dark Elves seeks to use an Elven puppet to assassinate you during your upcoming meeting with us in the Kylleade forest." Said Zenrah.

"This. I already know of and not surprised in the slightest. That venomous woman is always engaged in some kind of ploy. Even in her kingdom. It does not surprise me further she would plan something like this if there was nothing to gain from it." Declared Remi.

"Very well. Master Zenrah. We shall heed your advice and thank you." Remi declares.
"Not at all. My King hahahaha." Zenrah laughs aloud.

Just as things appear to calm and the tension begin to de-escalate. A lightning quick arrow descends upon the still chuckling Zenrah. Milliseconds from piercing his throat he grabs it in his hand and looks towards the individual who fired it upon him. Much to the shock and chagrin of the culprit, General Orlo, head archer of the human empire's army. Orlo's eyes widen as he is stunned at the extreme speed at which Master Zenrah had caught his arrow without being fazed in the slightest.

"What the...that was a surefire shot. I had him..." Orlo stutters to himself at the disbelief.
"Humans and their little playtoys hahahaha..." Zenrah within moments halts his laughter and snaps the Elven arrow in two and drops it to the ground.

He raises his hand and his ungodly reach stretched several hundred meters away and grasps at Orlo in a telekinetic chokehold. Displaying his mighty supernatural aura and powers. His eyes seething pitch black as remnants of electrical energy disperse from his eyes. Orlo Keels over in pain coughing and finally collapses to the ground.

"It was an honour my King. Soon we shall meet again very soon." Zenrah declares one final time as he and his legion of naked pale followers run off under his enormous wingspan. Exiting the Eastern breached wall. The Kylleade force soon follow suite.

"What of the rest of the humans Remi." Asked Roqu.
"Leave them be. They know the terror of the Kylleade empire now. We retreat for now and return to the castle and formulate a strategy to kill this rogue Elf and Zenrah..." Remi states.
As the Kylleade forces leave through the destroyed castle wall. The human kingdom is left to pick up the pieces of the devastation left in their wake.
The inner castle walls were still intact the human empire had lost a great deal that day. Many human soldiers and civilians were lost. The outer barracks, the military training grounds and not to mention the pub were destroyed in the attack.

Orlo was passed out on the ground from the psychic chokehold that Zenrah had applied on him.

"Come on, ya big oaf you better not die on me now." Yelled Tyriah at his side.
"It's okay Tyriah he is just out I can still magically sense his aura it's faint but strong." Stated Tyriah's father Wenlock.
"Dad shut up. I know. What are you even still doing here; I thought you were leaving." Argued Tyriah.
"I didn't even see you in this last battle." Further complained Tyriah. As she stare's back at the dejected look on her father's face.
"Tyriah calm down okay?." Ordered Lyrese as the medics and fellow soldiers from the castle arrive from the inner walls to assist the wounded and carry off the deceased.

Orlo gets stretchered off with a makeshift tourniquet around his head made from an Elven satin material. As he disappears into the castle alongside the rest of the wounded forces. The inner forces pile out in defense in fear of a follow up attack and builders and workmen rush out to seal the breached eastern outer castle wall.

Surveying the destruction. Lyrese stares at the blood and debris left by the Dark forces.
As Tyriah and Wenlock stand behind them he declares.
"We'll get them back for this. Mark my words you dark scum."

'We'll fucking get you back. All of you fuckers!" Lyrese shouts aloud as the human empire is left in total disarray and the clouds turn grey as a thunderstorm accompanied by heavy showers descend upon the begotten lands.

Glossary

Dark forces: The General name given to the antagonists of the human empire. The dark elves and the vampires; both Kylleade and the green landers.