7. You Say Funny Things When You Get Worked Up

I am fairly certain that Ridge had no Idea I'd seen what the sleezeball had done as well.

I had only been working at the bar for a week, and I was already hyper-aware of Ridge's presence. It probably didn't help that he was frequently making special trips just to antagonize me and flirt with me. It also didn't help that he almost had a constant line of sight on me, that gave me no choice but to look back at him, blush, play, and then continue the vicious cycle.

It was during one of these cycles that I saw the man slip something into the drink, and Ridge haul him into the employee bathroom.

Without thinking, I stand from the piano, mid-song, and I make my way behind counter.

When I reach the door of the bathroom, I can hear Ridges voice, and nothing else.

"If I ever see you even speak to another person with an ill intent on your mind, I will kill you."

My eyes widen at his words, and I almost laugh at the image I had of Ridge attempting to threaten anyone.

"Got it?"

When I realize that Ridge had finished speaking, I moved away from the door quickly, and turned to make it look like I was getting a drink of water, not eves dropping.

When Ridge walks out of the bathroom, he doesn't notice me behind the counter, and I take this as my chance to head back to the piano.

Ridge was too busy looking at the girl who sat on the other side of the bar to notice me. Which gave me plenty of time to notice Ridge, and the way his face immediately softened and his eyes brightened as he looked at the girl. Like he knew she was safe, and that fact made him happy.

Ridge just saved her.

I also notice the faint bruising across his knuckles and I smile as I have to fight back another laugh.

He punched a grown man? Bloody hell.

...

Weeknights at the bar are my favorite. The weeknight customers will relax and listen to me play. They might ask for requests, and I will happily play them. A crowed that enjoys what you play is easier to play for.

It had been 2 days since I had listened in on Ridge's threat, and I hadn't seen the sleezeball since then. Whatever Ridge did must have worked.

I sit at the piano as always, and I let the music flow from out of me, I don't notice when my glasses slide slightly down the bridge of my nose, and I don't notice when the sweater that I wear begins to slip down my arm from the constant movement of my playing.

I do, however, notice when a certain Ridge makes his way over to me, and suggestively leans against the piano.

I do not look away from the black and white keys beneath my fingers.

"What is it you want now, you little pest?"

I say the words with a hint of laughter behind them. As inappropriate as this kid was, he was starting to grow on me.

"You wanna do a request for me?"

I notice he winks at me from my peripherals, and I have to hold back a groan, and a laugh. Who knew what he was going to ask me to play..

"Fuck me like you play that piano, Sabastian."

I don't even finish out my current song, I look up in horror at Ridge where he stands above me. He has a mischievous grin on his face, and he winks at me again before turning and walking towards the office.

Inappropriate wanker.

I'm still looking after Ridge, wide-eyed, and I don't know how to take the comment. It was so straightforward. He may be inappropriate, but not like that.

With a grimace, and an embarrassing blush, I turn my focus back to the piano.

And then I hear the hollers from some of the customers who clearly overheard.

"Why don't you go find your boyfriend, Hun!" This from a woman in her mid to late forties.

"Don't just leave him hangin'! This comment from the man sitting next to her.

"I can only imagine the wonders your hands could do-"

"That bartender is a lucky man indeed-"

I could feel my blush deepen, and I knew that if I didn't strangle Ridge right then, I was going to, at the very least, shove him down a flight of stairs.

See how well your telekinesis works then.

I stand from the piano bench as quickly as I can without knocking it over, and I give the crowed a slight wave before I shuffle away towards the office, to find Ridge.

...

I hear his laughter before I see his face, and I've decided that I'm not embarrassed anymore. I'm angry. And I was definitely going to strangle the kid.

"Ridge! What the hell were you thinking!"

I can't even get in a full lecture, because he is laughing so loudly that I can't even hear myself think. Once his laughter officially dies down, I cross my hands over my chest, and look down at him where he sits in Garett's chair.

"You are ridiculously inappropriate, and now the whole bar thinks we came back here to-"

I lower my voice and look behind me through the open office door. I close it before I finish.

"now the whole bar probably thinks we came in here to do God knows what, and it's your bloody fault!"

Ridge has finally gotten control over his laughter, and he is back to his ever-present, suggestive, mischievous grin, that I have grown to relate to my undoubted social demise.

"Who cares what the whole bar thinks? Why shouldn't they think you're putting your talented hands to some other use besides playing that old piano." When he says this, he takes a look at my hands, and then the rest of me, from where I stand.

"They think your my boyfriend, you fool!"

"And what's so wrong with that, handsome?"

Ridge walks up to me, and he looks straight up into my eyes as he says this, giving me his signature wink when he finishes.

"You're not my boyfriend! Oi! Doesn't that make perfect sense? If you aren't my boyfriend, why do we want people thinking you're my boyfriend. That's ridiculous. You're ridiculous! You're mental, actually!"

I can tell that I'm getting flustered, and evidently so can Ridge.

"You say funny things when you get worked up, babe. You should relax. Live a little."

Ridge walks behind me, and rubs my shoulders for a few seconds before I jerk away and turn around to look at him.

"Besides." He walks up to me one last time, his face dangerously close to mine.

"What if I wanted to be your boyfriend?"

and as if to end the conversation, he winks one last time, and leaves me alone in the office, my face flushed, and my mind going a thousand miles a minute, trying to decipher what happened, and trying to let everyone's thoughts remain their thoughts.

Especially his.

...

Guys! Ridge is growing on Sabastian! Am I the only one who is ridiculously excited?!

LzzyLove here, and I hope you guys enjoyed another Sabastian chapter!

You all are gems!!

Q: What's your favorite band?

A: Hmm.. Probably Flyleaf. Or Beartooth. Or I Prevail.. Or Skillet. Okay, so I don't actually have one xD

Comment your favorite band, guys!