9. I Need Your Help

For the first time since I learned to play the piano, I had difficulty concentrating on it.
And it was all due to Ridge's inevitable goal to publicly embarrass me.
After he left me alone in the office, I took my sweet time returning to the piano to play.
Everyone is going to look at me like we did the nasty.
When I finally thought that the red of my cheeks had died down, I made my way out into the open bar, and I was met with a wall of hoots and hollers as several of the customers, and even more of my coworkers, looked at me knowingly.
Many of them even winked at me, or gave me thumbs up.
I could tell my blush was already starting to spread again.
In attempt to hide my embarrassment, I sat back on the bench, sliding my glasses up my nose, and pulling the sleeves of my sweater up my forearms.
I played, and for the first time since I learned how to, I couldn't focus on the music.
All I could see in my mind was Ridge's face.

...

When it was finally closing time, I silently thanked the ceiling, and I stood from the piano.
I reach for my coat from the floor beside me, and pull it over my defined arms.
Ready to finally leave the bar, and think over the embarrassing night from the safety of my own apartment, I make my way through the bar, and out into the cool night.
I can't believe that bloke.
I was too lost in my own mind on my way to my car that I didn't notice the addition to the world around me.
I was pushed into the alley and pressed against the wall before I could take in a full breath.
"What a public display. I can't believe the show you put on back there."
The man who had me pinned against the wall was angry, and his breath stank of hard liquor and smoke.
"

What are you talking about?"
The man laughs at me, a piece of greasy gray hair falling over his charcoal eyes.
"If you ever speak to Ridge like that again, if you ever touch him or go near him again, I will end you."
Before I have the chance to either: Laugh in the man's face- because Ridge and I are not what he thinks, or respond by shoving him off of me, I don't even have to.
The man is thrown from me in a second, pure force sending him to the opposite side of the alley, where he hits the wall with a loud thud and then lands on the ground where he collapses, knocked out cold.
I slide down the wall and land on the ground myself, already cursing at no one in particular.
"Sabastian!"
Ridge is already running towards me, a frantic look of worry on his face, and goose bumps all along his arms.
I go through all the motions of scolding him from using his powers before I realise what I've done.
Just as I have mentioned the Watchers, I shut my mouth quickly, already mentally preparing myself for his questions.
Bloody Hell Sabastian. You blubbering fool.
Finally giving in, I grant his wishes and tell him about my ability.
"I can read and control minds."
I turn away from him, ready for the look of mistrust and fear to be shot at me. But they never come.
"I've never met someone who could do that before!"
In exasperation, I turn to leave, telling him it is safest for us to not speak anymore.
"You owe me!"
At those words, I turn to see a smirking Ridge.

...

What have I gotten myself into?
I sit in my couch, and I run my hands through my dark hair, causing it to become a curly mess on the top of my head.
I take several drinks of my tea before I grab my phone, dialing Heather's number. It only rings a few times before she answers.
"Heather, I desperately need your help."
I only had until Monday.
And there was a part of me that was afraid of this date. But another part of me, a part that I noticed came more and more alive at every moment, wanted this. Was excited.
If I have to go on a date with anyone, it has to be him.
If I go on a date with him, I have to make it perfect
"Please."

...

Enjoy two chapters in a day!

Let us know what you think, guys!

You all are gems ♡