8. You Owe Me

As I walked back into the main part of the bar my smile widened. Sabastian wasn't following behind me, more than likely too shocked to even actually do anything. It was adorable. The angry blush that had covered his face was a great image to have in my mind.

I grinned at my coworkers as I walked back behind the bar. I could see that even some of the customers were smirking at me. Most were regulars, so, me being me, I gave a thumbs up and winked suggestively. Most laughed, except for one man who seemed to just glared at the bar with dark eyes. Grabbing up a bottle of vodka I walked to him and asked, "Anything I can do you for?"

He looked familiar, definitely a regular, but more of the kind that never actually sat and talked. I remembered him always taking the back corner seat, he was always silent. Even now, his face turned up to look at me with a disgusted frown. I painfully held my smile and tried not cringe. A homophobe? Seriously, if he was grossed out he should look in a mirror once in while. I mean, this is a gay friendly bar. Half of our staff was homosexual. He needed to get over himself.

I rolled my eyes and dropped the smile when he continued to glare. "Listen, if you have a problem with anything that happens in this bar, leave. Nobody here is going to change themselves to appease you."

With a huff, he stood with a screech from his chair and stormed away. I flicked my hair back and popped my hip. "Dick." I grumbled under my breath and turned to get back to work. Some people just needed to learn how to get over themselves. Except me of course. I'm perfect.

***

Around twelve that night I watched as Sabastian grabbed his coat from the piano bench and waved back at Garret as he prepared to leave. His glasses were low on his nose as he pushed the door open and left. I grinned goofily and stared at his ass. Damn.

I looked at the piano and my eyes widened when I saw his car keys sitting beside it on the ground. Most likely from falling out of his coat pocket. I happily picked them up and mentally cheered. Just another reason to corner him alone. It was a perfect way to make him fall in love with me. Heroically take him his keys and then seduce him into my bed like a God. It was a great plan!

"Be right back." I said to Sheryl as I hurried after my soon to be lover.

The night air nipped at my bare arms, causing me to shiver as I glanced around the parking lot. It seemed as though I were alone. Though that wouldn't make any sense seeing as I had his keys. "Sab..." I trailed off as I heard a small sound come from around the corner. The cracked pavement beneath me caused my steps to be heard as I walked around.

Anger boiled inside me at what I saw.

The man from before had Sabastian held against the wall with one hand tangled in his sweater while his other was raised in a fist. Sabastian's glasses were laying on the ground a few feet away, and the red on his cheek was obviously going to bruise. My blood heated and I felt the power that I was usually amazing at controlling burst from me in a painful spasm. The energy left my body at an awe inspiring speed and I watched through slightly blurry eyes as the man was flung away and into the alley wall.

I heard the painful sounding thud and panted. Didn't expect that to happen. Oops. I felt myself blush as his tall form hit the ground unconsciously.

"Ridge..." I looked up at Sabastian as he stared me with a shocked face.

I grinned sheepishly and scratched my head awkwardly. "Heh, heh."

His cheek was darkening with a bruise and I stepped closer to him, feeling slightly shaky from my loss of control. "Are you okay?" My voice was concerned and I lifted my hand to run across his face. Dark eyes widened as he looked at me with bewilderment. "Yeah. It was nothing." He looked away with an embarrassed expression. "It seems he didn't really like your little display back in the bar. He really liked you, in an entirely stalkerish way. Creepy bloke."

He suddenly whipped around to face me and set his mouth in a displeased purse. "You are a bloody idiot!" His sudden change in mood startled me and I tensed, confused. "You can't just use your abilities in public like that! Do you want to be killed? I mean, it's entirely too dangerous. The Watchers will be on your arse like white on rice. How do you not understand that?"

I cringed and put  my head down like a scolded child, guess that's what I was at the moment, though. He was right. But...

"Wait, you have abilities?" I asked, a smile covered my freckled face.

Sabastian's dark eyes widened and he blushed- again. "Of course not. I just saw you use TK, I mean-"

I shook my head and tilted it to the side, a mischievous glint in my eye. "No. You know what Watchers are and know that it's TK and not some other nonsense, magic shit." His pale face was flaming red under the bruise and I just wanted to kiss him. I unfortunately refrained, but it was tempting.

"What ability do you have?" I questioned excitedly, face lighting up. I searched him with my eyes as though that would reveal what he could do. From his loafers to his curly hair, I looked. And maybe it was a suggestive eye search, but who cared? When I realized he hadn't answered me I frowned and pouted up at him. "Tell me!" I stomped my foot and pouted.

Sabastian stared at me in annoyance and groaned- sexily, in my personal opinion. "You bloody wanker." He grouched at me and cast his eyes away, avoiding me.

The street light cast beautiful shadows over his face and I admired his long lashes. Even when moody I found him sexy as Hell, unbelievable. Even sweaters gave him sex appeal.

"I can read and control minds." He finally said after crossing his arms protectively over his chest. I gasped and jumped up and down excitedly. "That's so cool! Oh my God, I've never met someone like you!" I squealed, but stopped when I heard a groan. I pursed my lips and stared at the man that was slowly waking from his position on the cement. His large arms quivered as he pushed his muscled body upwards and I glanced at Sabastian from the corner of my eye.

"We should probably go." I said with a smile. Sabastian nodded and I followed him back around the corner to where we were standing by the doors of Lucky Nights.

He looked at me and bit his lip in contemplation. "Thank you for what you did back there, Ridge. But we really shouldn't talk to each other anymore." My mouth dropped open in protest. "Wh-" He cut me off with an apologetic look. "Just now that we both know about each other it'd be safer to just stay away."

He shrugged and went to turn away.

"Wait!" I said as he began walking away from me. At first I was a little panicked, but it turned to smugness as I smirked at the Brit. "You owe me."

He raised one brow and turned back to me. "How?"

"I just saved you! I declare that you now owe me a date!"

I watched him contemplate my words with a cute look on his face. I felt smug because Sabastian was a gentleman, he wouldn't deny this. I knew it, and was determined for this to work. He had to agree!

After what felt like hours of waiting he gave in. A groan escaped him as he nodded. "Fine, but I get to plan it! Deal?"

I felt warmth fill me as I smiled up at him. "Yes! You won't regret this!" He looked doubtful and shook his head. "Okay. I'll tell you the information on Monday in class." With a final small huff he began to walk away again.

"Hey, Sab!" I called after him. "I have your keys!"

A/N

I love Ridge cx

Haha, VCF!