18. Who Are You?

"You can't leave me, Sabastian!" My scream was loud as the sound chased his car.

"Sabastian, no, please." I cried as I watched the tail lights of his car disappear from the parking lot. "I love you, please come back. I love you, too."

I wrapped my arms around myself as the last good thing in my life drove away. My sobs were loud and the tears seemed to freeze to my cold cheeks. Everything around me was falling apart and I couldn't do anything to stop it. It was an impossible chain of events. I needed to keep my family safe, but I wanted Sabastian. He was the only guy in my life who showed me that relationships were about understanding, not sex. And though we hadn't dated long, I fucking loved him. So much. 

The cold air whipped at me as I nearly collapsed to the ground. First my dad and now this. My fingers tangled into my dark hair. This was all entirely my fault, if I hadn't revealed my abilities to the Watcher none of this would have happened. I couldn't face my family, I wasn't even strong enough to go to my dad's funeral. Sabastian had been the only reason I even smiled, and now he's left me alone.

I fumbled with my phone with numb fingers, pressing in the familiar number. Harry would always answer me, just like he always had. I needed him.

The ringing was loud in my ears as I waited for Harry to answer. His voice was such a relief. "Hey, man. Something up? I just saw you."

I sobbed into the phone and finally dropped onto the ground, body shaking as I tried to explain what happened. Harry's voice became frantic as he realized that I was crying. "I'm on my way over, Ridge. I love you and will see you soon."

I dropped the Galaxy and once again threaded my hands into my hair, pulling it in frustration and sadness. I needed Harry. My life was falling apart.

***

I whimpered as I snuggled into the arms of my best friend. Our bodies comfortably intertwined and his head rested on mine. His hand gently ran up and down my back, calming me just as he had when we were younger. My face was buried in his shoulder and my legs rested comfortably over his hips. To others it would look romantic, but for us, this was the only way to calm me down.

I released a small shuddering sob and was grateful when Harry pressed me harder against his chest and hushed me. "I'm here Ridge, I've got you. Nothing out there can harm you as long as I'm with you."

"He just left me standing there, Harry. I love him and he left me there without letting me explain!" My voice was loud and cracked often. "I love him so much... Harry, please. My dad is dead and Sabastian left me." I tightened my arms around Harry as I felt another phantom pain hit my chest. "I'm not used to feeling this way... The sadness is unbearable."

Harry pressed my face against his neck and sighed, his breath mussing my hair. I felt him kiss the top of my head before he laid back and pulled my blanket over us. "Go to sleep, Ridge. You'll feel better in the morning."

I only nodded and attempted to dry my wet cheeks. I couldn't speak as sleep found me, luring me in with promises of relief. "I love you, Ridge." I wanted to respond, but I was already asleep.

***

The last few days had been... terrible. After Harry had left I cut off all connection with everyone. I'd called into work to take off and blocked everything from my life. I even ignored my mom and the girls, but I couldn't help it. I didn't know what to say; I felt so guilty. I had already cried to Harry and didn't want to bother him anymore. On top of losing my dad and Sabastian, Drew Brant was continuously calling me, reminding me that my time was limited.

Losing my dad would be easier if I had Sabastian and losing Sebastian would be easier if I had my dad. But losing the two had gone hand in hand. My dad, he had always been the one to console me after a bad break up. Now he wasn't here. Sabastian would be here if the Watchers hadn't killed my dad.