Chp.1

Monday : Raidon POV

I woke to someone shaking me. It was my mom.

Time for school, she signed. Ughh. Don't you hate Mondays. I got up and gave her a thumbs up. Once she left I walked to my closet and picked an outfit and shoes. I put it on my bed and went to brush my teeth and wash my face. Man! Look at that hair, but then again who wakes up looking flawless. Not me! When I was done I got dressed and put my hair in a messy bun.

I grabbed my phone, backpack and walked downstairs. I made myself some cereal and saw my brother Jalen running down the stairs late as usual. He threw his bag on the couch and sat next to me once he made himself cereal.

I grabbed a notepad and a pen out of my bag and tapped his shoulder.

Late again! I wrote while smirking.

He rolled his eyes. I watched his mouth, "Shut up!"

When I finished eating I waited on Jalen to finish. He has to drive me to school. He is a sophomore. Its high-key embarrassing having my little brother drive me to school. I would ride with Brailynn but she had basketball practice this morn.

Jalen got up and motioned for me to get up. I looked at his mouth, "Come on!"

I put my bowl in the sink and walked out to his car. Once we were both in he drove off to the school.

When Jalen parked I saw Brailynn waiting out front.

Bye. I signed to Jalen while getting out of the car.

He waved. I grabbed my bag and walked to Brailynn. As soon as she saw me she ran to me.

"Hey! Ready for another day of school." she mouthed rolling her eyes.

I grabbed my notepad and wrote, You already know!

While we walked in the hallways some people gave me weird looks or looked like they were laughing. I just looked at the floor and kept walking. I noticed Brailynn started walking faster.

Did the bell ring?, I wrote and showed her.

She nodded her head yes and grabbed my arm pulling me so we wouldn't be late. Once we got to class everyone looked like they were gossiping about something. Brailynn seemed interested in what they were talking about.

She looked at me, grabbed my notepad and wrote, 'We are getting a new kid today!'

Girl or boy?, I wrote.

'Boy.' I saw her scribble.

She looked at me and raised her eyebrows. I smirked.

Class started and Mr. Johnston started his lesson. We had to take notes. Me and Brailynn had a system, if we had notes I can copy hers and if the teacher asked me a question she asks me and I tell her my answer. All of my teachers know I'm deaf so they don't pick me often. Which I definitely don't mind.

While I was copying Brailynn's notes, I noticed she looked up and stopped writing. I looked around the class and saw everyone's eyes were towards the door. I saw a light-skinned boy with brown curly hair walk in. He had hazel eyes and they were on me. I quickly looked away. Mr. Johnston introduced him to the class.

Brailynn wrote, 'His name is Kevin Alston. He's fine. And his eyes are already on you.'

She looked at me a wiggled her eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes and wrote, Whatever! I agree with you he is fine but watch he will be all over Aubrey by lunch.

Mr. Johnson motioned for Kevin to pick a seat anywhere in the class. He started walking towards Brailynn and I's table. He sat in front of me. I looked down and acted like I was actually doing my work. After a few minutes he tapped me. His mouth was moving but I couldn't understand him.

Brailynn looked at him and I watched her say, "She can't hear you she's deaf."

He looked at her confused, but then it looked like something clicked in his head.

I took my notepad and wrote, What did he say?

He said, 'Hey I'm Kevin. Whats your name?', she wrote.

I took the notepad back and wrote, Oh! I'm Raidon.

I pushed it towards Kevin and he read it smiling. He took out a pencil and wrote something down.

I read it, it said, "Sorry, about that lil ma I didn't know you were deaf. Nice to meet you. Btw you have a pretty name."

Thx. And it's ok I usually have a hard time reading peoples lips when I first meet them, I wrote.

He read it and then wrote another message.

"Can you help me find my classes today?" I read.

Sure. I wrote.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~