A Look Into The Mind

Two months later

Wes pov

David hasn't said anything to me since that night he told me that he liked me, I'm not even sure that he's said anything to anyone at all in fact. I don't think he's sleeping much either judging by the dark circles around his eyes, his frame has gotten significantly smaller and weaker looking too. In class David sits in the far back corner of the room isolated from everyone...
"Come on David, aren't you hungry? I haven't seen you eat anything for a long time, you can't live like this." Look at me, some fag who used to be far too shy to speak up for myself and other people. "David what you're doing isn't good for you... You can DIE if you carry on like this." Anthony tries dragging him out of bed. The five of us has been attempting to get him to eat and sleep but he won't cooperate with us, instead he just stares at us with cold dead eyes. This is your fault, Wesley. If you wouldn't have said anything he could have been perfectly fine. "David please don't do this to yourself, it's not worth it." Matt reasons. "I don't understand why people think distancing themselves from the ones that want to help them and think that they'll magically get better. David you're not helping yourself by refusing to speak to us you know, you're only making it worse." Josh lost his patience. "SAY SOMETHING DAMNIT!"
"Josh, don't push him. I'm sure David will open up soon enough without us hassling him!" I said sharply. "Let's just hope that that soon is before the bastard kills himself." He mumbled and exited the room. "What a dick." Matt said just loud enough for us to hear. "I don't suppose you have any ideas for us, Wes." Ian said crossly. "We have to be careful and take small steps with him until David is David again." I said resting my hand on David's knee. "Come back later and I'll say if he's made any form of progress yet."
"I don't care if they want the be rough with you, I promise that I'll be here with you every step of the way...if you could only tell what's the matter, but I won't make you talk if you really don't want to though." My feelings for him remain the same, I like him so much (can't call it love just yet). He told me how he felt about me, but now he's completely different mindset than before, David probably couldn't care less about me now. It hurts to think about it, but hey, there's nothing I can do to change that. He sits uncomfortably next to me tugging at the sleeves of his shirt to make them cover his wrists and hands entirely as if to hide something.

Lasercorn pov

You can run from him right now if you wanted to and find a way to end this pain. No, I won't do that, not now. I have no choice but to live on just for her....mom.

I stand next to her her coffin staring at her body, they cleaned her up nicely too. The bullet hole is practically invisible now. I'm the only one who stayed behind after the service was over, it's only a matter of time before someone takes her away and puts her in the ground. "Hi mom..." I sniffled. "I wish you were still alive. I'll miss you till the day I die..." I can't say anymore, I have to stay strong because she can't anymore. I have to endure dad's wrath alone, maybe he'll kill me and I won't have to deal with this crap anymore.

"I like you too." Wes's voice pulled me back to reality. "You probably don't feel that way anymore though. I just wanted to clear the air..." He grabbed my hand out of my sleeve. "I-I...Wes...I can't-" Before I could muster another word, Wes pressed his lips against mine. My heart started racing at an unbelievable pace

Wes pov

I couldn't control myself, he looked so tempting that I couldn't resist him. What does David think about this? I quickly pulled away expecting the worst. "No, no...don't..." David bolted from the room. You ruined your chance, stupid. You're never getting him back, don't even try. My heart sank low in my chest, defeated I lay down on my bed and lose myself in my thoughts.

"Mom, I have to tell you something. It's serious." I twiddle my thumbs nervously. "What is it sweetie?" She sets down the newspaper that she was reading. "Promise you won't get mad?" "Promise, now tell me what you came here for." She smiled. "It's about my...sexuality. I know that you won't like this but please understand that this wasn't my choice, it just well...happened. I'm gay." The grin on mom's face dropped and turned into a frown. "I had such high hopes for you, Wesley, and then you had to go and knock them down. You should've kept this to yourself. Your dad would be so disappointed in you."

She put me through counseling and wanted me to get put on medication to cure my 'disease', too bad for her, I'm pretty sure it's terminal. She forced me to go to church way more than normal, and made sure to keep me far away from anyone that's a male. "I'm sure this is just a phase." No mom, I'm pretty sure it's not. "You'll come out of this school as a man, Wesley." Men can love other men. Why is that concept so hard to understand? My mind continues to linger among the hate filled words directed at me and then my dad. He's not around much anymore, I don't think that he is the worst father ever, he at least remembers my birthday. He walked out on me and mom when I was twelve after they had a fight, he stops by every and then to check on us so there's that. My life is still in shambles, I don't expect it to get much better than it is at the moment either. David. I wonder where he went or plans to go... Oh well he's not my problem.

"Don't you know, little boy, They'll lay you to waste, man
Little do they know, every song is a lifespan
Yeah, they've taken one, but I'm takin' my last chance
To hold all we know and let go with both hands
Though, don't you know that plots are made from concrete
Right through the stone, can you hear my heart beat?
Beats through my bones, like no memory left me
Not for a second or a minute when I dream
I wanna go home, like a home that I'll keep
You can dig six or sixty-six feet
We can live forever, still your misery missed me
Hold this song together with a bottle of whiskey
Look into the mirror, and the lines that time drew
Seen 'em painted white in the eyes that shine through
My heart beats heavy in an open chest
And, I wanna say goodbye, but there's nobody left."

It's a simple verse from a simple song, but it holds so much meaning to me, it reminds me of David. I didn't know that he was struggling like this, he's upset. He needs someone to help him, I will be that someone. But the question is: Where the fuck did David wander off to?

A/N:
Another completed chapter, guys!

By the way, that song I called "Believe" by Hollywood Undead, I highly suggest you check them out if you haven't already.