Chapter 17 - Guilty as charged

It's all my fault,  Damon  thought angrily as he snapped a stick before throwing it away as he rode. I shouldn't have got angry and listened to Frederick about burning the house down, if I had known Nicholas was in there I wouldn't have done it, he thought angrily.  Arena's face when Nicholas died was too horrible to see. Damon's heart fluttered weakly at the sadness he had caused her.

As soon as Arena had left after the funeral, Damon and Frederick had followed her to the inn they were staying at. Damon had been the one to discover where they were heading and now they were going to break the news to John. "Damon I didn't know her father was in there, if I did I wouldn't have told you to light the fire", Frederick said as they rode back towards John's camp.

"You did Frederick, you said that this was a step closer to getting Arena", growled Damon glaring ahead. " You planned this to break her but it seems your plan failed, she is not breaking and now she's taken up Stephen's offer and will be heading to the palace where we will never reach her", growled Damon. He felt so angry and guilty at what he had done, he wanted to kill something.

"We needed to and what's done is done, it's John's decision now", smirked Frederick as they edged closer to the camp. Damon sighed and kicked his horse to move faster. They reached the edge of camp and jumped off their horses.

A man with dirty blonde hair and sky blue eyes saw them and hurried over to grab the horses. " Didn't think I would see you two anytime soon", smirked Jack pulling on the horses.

Damon wasn't in the mood  to speak to Jack and stomped forward. " What's Damon's problem, geez", grumbled Jack as they watched him stomp away.

" I'm surprised you noticed Jack, I'm guessing you're sober", smirked Frederick.

Jack snarled and pushed Frederick away as they followed Damon. " Takes an idiot to know", smirked Jack. Frederick grinned and glanced around.

"Where's John, we need to talk to him", whispered Frederick gesturing to himself and Damon.

" Where's the girl, I thought you were entrusted in getting her for John", smirked Jack. " I chose you and Damon for a reason Frederick, what happened", Jack asked.

" Let's just say that the boy's emotions got in a way and the Prince and his side kick showed up at the same time", shrugged Frederick. He was annoyed they hadn't succeeded in getting the girl but he honestly didn't care about what he made Damon do. He thought it was a necessarily step to convincing her to join them.

" Don't tell me, the boy fell in love and no feelings back towards him and he was jealous of the prince and Hunter", Jack asked.

" Couldn't have said it better than myself", smirked Frederick. Jack chuckled staring at Damon's back.

" Poor kid, I think John's planning on telling the kid whose his parents are, how do you think he'll react", smirked Jack shifting his blue eyes back to Frederick. Frederick shrugged and glanced at Damon's back as he marched closer to John's tent.

" Don't know but I'm guessing his feelings for the girl might muck up John's plans for the boy, I still can't believe you found him Jack, out of all of England, we were the ones to find him",  smirked Frederick.

" Yeah, I feel bad for him though, his whole family has been unlucky with their position", smirked Jack. " But he's our ticket to get what we deserve, him and the girl". "A double blow to England", laughed Jack.

" Yes either way, England will be ours", smirked Frederick. Damon had reached the tent and stood waiting for the two men to hurry up.

Jack ruffled Damon's hair but Damon pushed him back angrily as Jack stepped inside the tent to introduce them.