20

Awkward was one way to describe dinner. As we sit along the long table, eating the shellfish that we had caught today, barely anybody is speaking. Tension possessed the air, the only sound being the cluttering of cutlery on our plates. And I know why.

Tamaki's annoyed at me. Ever since he shouted at me, he hasn't spoken a word to me. To be honest, I'm kinda scared to even look at him right now.

However, I do anyway. He doesn't notice, he staring down angrily as he vigorously tries to cut a piece of crab that's obviously quite tough. Before he looks up, I return my attention to my own meal.

I feel bad, this is all my fault... Feeling uncomfortable, I glance up to see everybody eating with their heads lowered. I don't like this, this isn't right. Maybe if I try to make conversation...

"So..." unsure of myself, I say quietly, almost at a whisper.

"I can't take this any more!" Tamaki exclaims as he slams his hands on the table. Shocked, I stare wide eyed as he turns pink before rushing out of the room. Wow, I've never seen him like this before...

Still stunned, I look at the others to see the same expressions on their faces.

"I-I'm sorry. Excuse me." I whisper before standing up and leaving the room hurriedly.

I'm so terrible, I've ruined this entire day. If only I'd thought about my actions. Of course I couldn't stick up to them. I'm... a girl. A weak girl. And I know it.

Tamaki saved my life, and risked his to do so. And I just threw it back in his face. I deserve this, and I don't deserve them.

Unaware of my surroundings, I stop to realise that I don't actually know where I am. I was supposed to be going to my room, but because of my tears and my thoughts, I wasn't really looking where I as going. I would say this area looks familiar, but every corridor in this house looks the same to me.

Deciding I would look stupid if I went back to the dining room to ask for directions, I thought I would just open a few doors until I found my room. Turning left, I walk towards the first door I come to. I walk up to it, knock, and without waiting for a reply, walk straight in.

"What?" I hear a familiar voice ask. However, instead of being angry, they seem, depressed? Tamaki turns to me, and when he sees me, his face falls even more.

"Oh-Uh, I'm sorry, I just- I got lost and- I- bye." I stammer, before shutting the door behind me. I hear Tamaki call for me but I've already began walking away. He opens the door.

"Aika, wait!" He calls, and I stop. I hear him run towards me, and he grabs my shoulder, spinning me around. Before I realise, I'm being pulled forwards, and my head collides with what I can only assume is Tamaki's warm, solid chest.

"I'm sorry." I say solemnly. "I know now, I was stupid. I didn't think and- I forgot and- well I'm sorry for being ungrateful. You saved my life and I threw it back in your face. Im terrible and I understand if you don't want to forgive me-" I blabber, a few tears trickling down my cheeks. I'm such an idiot.

"Enough!" Tamaki silences me. "Haruhi is right. You don't need to be sorry for anything. I'm the one who needs to apologise. I have no right to tell you you're weak, you're not. Most of the girls I know wouldn't risk their life for a stranger the way you did. And you don't have to thank me for saving you. I wanted to."

"But, I annoyed you and you're angry at me..." I reply and he shakes his head.

"I was stupid, and wrong. And I was just scared." He says softly and calmly, a large contrast from before.