43

unedited, and happy new year :D

It had been a week since we came to California now, and we were beginning to run out of things to do. We'd been to nearly every nice restaurant on our side of town, every theme park in the state and every private beach on the coast. We were drained.

"Sooo... what do you want to do?" I ask the others, lying across a sofa with my legs planted on Mei's lap. I received a few shrugs in return to my question.

"There's not much left to do." Kyoya states, sipping a lemonade, the ice inside clinking against the glass of the cup.

Groaning on the sofa opposite me, Tamaki rolled over onto his back. "Surely there's something we can do?" He whined.

"We've been out every day this week." Mei stated, "why don't we just stay in for today?"  Many of us nod, agreeing that maybe it is a good time to just sit and chill out of a bit.

"It's hot." Kaoru said after a few minutes of silence. Agreeing, I walked over to the glass door and slid it open. A slight breeze drifted into the room, cooling everyone down by just a bit.

Standing at the door for a moment, I notice how nice the back garden of our cottage is, and also that there is a large rectangular pool right in the middle. Walking over to it, I close the door behind me and sit down at the edge, dangling my bare feet in the cool water. It's very refreshing, like a breath of fresh air from the humid summer climate. Running my fingers over the surface, I create small ripples which expand out and cause tiny waves to pass the time.

"Hey." A voice next to me says as they sit down, dunking their feet in the water with a splash. Looking at them, I find that it is Kaoru.

"Hi, you good?" I replied.

"Yeah. Ah, the water is so cool." He smiled, swinging his legs back and forth. I hum a yes as I look around at the trees which contrast the bright blue sky, and sigh in relaxation.

We sit for a while in silence, just absorbing the atmosphere and chilling out. It's nice to have a period of calm after a busy and crazy week. However, Kaoru decided to break the silence once again by asking me a question.

"H-hey, can I ask you a question?"

"You just did." I reply, as unfunny as it is. I just can't help myself.

"You know what I mean." He sighs, laughing disappointedly at my terribly unfunny and unoriginal joke.

"I know, and sure." I answer.

"Ok so, uh... well, I was wondering if... if you could... maybe... could maybe tell me how you feel... abou-about uh... host clubs?" Sweating slightly, he looked from side to side and fiddled with his hands in his lap.

"What, you mean those gross clubs where men shamelessly flirt and lead on women and occasionally molest them for money?" I reply, and he laughs nervously.

"Wow, harsh." He chuckled, "but yes."

"Ok, why?" I question him, narrowing my eyes.

"W-well I was just gonna say... w-would you be m-m-mad if we..." he began, but was interrupted by his twin sitting roughly next to him and roughly swinging an arm around his neck, and rubbing his hair with his knuckles.

"Hey Aika, hey bro, what are you guys talking 'bout." Grinning at me, he asks.

Shrugging, I reply, "I don't really know, something about host clubs. I think Kaoru wants to take me to one." I laugh, and Hikaru does as well.

"A what? HAHA! Why would anyone want to go to a host club, am I right?!" He chuckled, nudging Kaoru in a jeering manner.

"Yeah, haha, host clubs are gross." He laughed along with his twin.

I laughed too. "I'm glad you guys agree." They nodded.

"Well, uh, what I actually came out here to say was umm... oh yeah, Tamaki wanted to see you Aika, so, uh, you should probably go do that." Hikaru said quickly, serving me a close-eyed grin at the end. I nodded slowly at his sudden change in demeanour, and began to stand up, shaking off my dampened toes.

"Oh, ok. I'll see you around, then." I said, and they nodded, waving to me. Going back inside, all I could hear was the faint mumbling of the two discussing something.

Glancing around, I found that Tamaki wasn't inside the lounge, only Mei. Waving at her, I decided to check the kitchen. Kyoya was leaning against a counter, talking to Mori, so I approached them.

As they looked at me, I spoke up. "Hi guys, either of you seen Tamaki?" Mori shook his head.

"No."

"Perhaps he's upstairs, why?" Kyoya asked, and I shrugged. I told him that Hikaru had said he wanted to speak to me, and he nodded.

Taking Kyoya's advice, I headed up the stairs and towards Tamaki's room. Knocking on the door, I waited for a response. After a few moments, I received one, and opened the door. Turning round from looking through his drawers, the tall blonde smiled at me. 

Smiling back, I closed the door behind me and spoke up. "Hikaru said you wanted to speak to me?" He tilted and shook his head.

"No? I haven't seen the twins all morning. Not that I don't appreciate your company, you're welcome to stay." He replied, which made me confused and awfully suspicious.

"Oh, alright. I can leave if you're busy." Remembering that I had walked in on him seemingly searching for something, I offered to leave.

"You're ok, I was just looking for this shirt I like, but I can't seem to find it." He admitted, going back to his drawers for another dig around.

"What colour is it?" I asked.

"Light blue." He replied. Surveying the room, I looked for any light blue fabric, until I noticed something on the back of a white armchair. Picking it up, I cleared my throat, causing Tamaki to turn around. "That's the one!" he exclaimed, grinning as I passed it to him.

Shaking my head, I smiled fondly. "You obviously didn't search very hard."

"I-I searched a bit, though!" He retorted, and I laughed. 

"Whatever you say." Rolling my eyes, I headed back towards the door. "Well, I'm gonna go question Hikaru on what he meant when he said you wanted to speak to me." 

"Those shady twins are probably up to something." I heard him say as I left, and silently agreed. I wonder what it is though...

A/N

Ohh my im am so sorry i haven't updated since october and I feel so bad because we hit like 74k reads today and I didn't write anything until today and yesterday because I've been so focused on school please forgive me you lovely peopleeeee and thank you to everyone who still reads this because thats all that motivated me omg imma stop rambling now sorry byeeeee :) 

becca xx