35

"Wow, Aika, where do you make these friends?" My mom asks me as she comes up to hug me. I chuckle and shrug.

"I dunno, mom." Shifting my weight from one foot to another, I hold her arms with my hands. "Hey, I was wondering if they'd be able to hang around for a bit?" I ask dropping my arms and tapping my fingers together.

"Of course! Invite them in, I'll start on dinner. I hope I have enough." She cries excitedly, hurrying inside. Enough? She's cooking for all of us?

Poking his head out of the car, Kyoya calls to me. "So we can come?"

Walking over to them, I nod. "Yeah, she says it's fine." Smiling, I lead them up my drive way towards my front door.

"Should we take our shoes off?" A pair of auburn twins ask as they look around my small hallway. Taking off my shoes, I show them a thumbs up, and everyone does as I say.

Guiding them to my living room, I gesture for everyone to sit down on the long maroon couch against the left wall. Stepping along the soft patterned rug which is sprawled across the floor, I walk over too and sit down among them.

"Wow Aika-Chan, this couch is so big, you can fit all of us on it!" Honey cheers, peering around at all of us sat together.

"Yeah, my parents got us a really big one for when all my cousins come to stay." I explain.

"How many cousins do you have?" Tamaki asks.

"I don't know, there's too many to count. My mom's sister and her husband are a little crazy with the whole baby making thing." I laugh, remembering when they made all of us squeeze onto the sofa to take a photo. There were so many of us, I had to sit on Azusa's lap. It was fun though; we had a humongous dinner afterwards too.

"Me and Takashi are cousins!" Honey squeaks, hugging Mori tightly.

"You are? But you guys don't look anything alike?" I ask in surprise.

"Mori's father is Honey's uncle." Kyoya explains, pushing up his glasses. I nod.

As we talk more, Hikaru and Kaoru get up and look around the room. I keep a careful eye on them to make sure they don't break anything, but I generally trust them to be okay.

While we are halfway through conversation, I see the twins discuss something, before turning around together.

"Hey Aika, who's this?" They ask in sync, holding a picture of me and... Azusa. No, this means I will have to explain, and I really don't want to cry in front of all of them. I'm scared, I don't know how they'll react. I mean, what if any of them overeact, I really don't want them to make a fuss or it'll just make me even more upset.

"U-Uh... No one!" I smile widely at them. If I tell them, I'll cry.

"You look very happy." Haruhi states, observing the picture closer.

"Mm." says Mori.

"Is he one of your cousins?" Honey asks.

"It could be, they look very similar." Kyoya looks at the picture before looking up at me.

"Um, I well, I-I'd rather not talk about it." I stutter, taking the photo from Kaoru's grasp and holding it close to my chest.