Chapter Sixteen - In Town

*I hope you like the chapter and how the story is progressing. I've added the song She Goes All the Way by Rascal Flatts and Jamie Foxx, mainly because it is an excellent song and it could represent the way Pete may be feeling.*

Pete, Alex and Sarah pull up outside Murphy’s Store. There are a few people walking down the sidewalks as well as cars and trucks parked along the street. It is relatively slow for that time of day, mid-morning on a Saturday that is. Usually there are more people out and about especially since it’s a nice day.

The three of them exit the truck.

“Hey, I think I’m gonna head to the hardware store and pick up a few things” Pete says pointing across the street.

“Ok, so we’ll meet you back here in about fifteen minutes or so.”

Alex and Sarah watch Pete walk across the street before entering the store.

Pete is walking through the hardware store picking up various items he needs.

He thinks about this morning when he awakened to find Alex sleeping in his arms, and cannot believe the night he just spent with the woman he has fantasized about for the past year. It was so much more than he ever imagined. Her soft, voluptuous body was absolutely magnificent, and being inside of her for the first time was better than heaven. There is no doubt in his mind he is totally in love with this woman and will be more than happy to do whatever he needs to keep her satisfied. She has made him want to be a better man, not just for her and Sarah but also himself.

He walks to the cashier to pay for his items.

“Looks like you’re fixing to build something.” The clerk says

“Yes sir.” He says smiling and giving the clerk the money.

Pete exits the hardware store and walks to the truck putting his supplies in the truck bed. When he looks up sees Jimmy and his younger brother Danny walking up the sidewalk towards him. Danny is two years younger than Jimmy and about an inch and a half shorter, other than that they look very similar, same blonde hair and blue eyes.

Pete looks at Jimmy, smiles and nods as he rests himself up against the truck with his arms folded waiting to see what they are planning to do. He is in no way afraid of these people and he needs them to know that. Believe it, if they started something he sure as hell was going to finish it. He was ready for whatever they were throwing down.

‘I dare you to bring your stupid ass over here and start something with me. I will beat your fucking ass like I did before and won’t even break a sweat.’ Pete thought as he continued to watch them getting closer.

Alex and Sarah come out of Murphy’s store just as Jimmy and Danny reach the front of the truck. Sarah runs up to them smiling and holding up a floral sundress. She has no clue what is about to happen.

“Jimmy, Danny look what your mom made me. It’s for my birthday. Isn’t it pretty?”

Jimmy glances down at Sarah then back up at Pete, glaring at him hard.

“Yea that’s real pretty Sarah.”

            “C’mon Sarah we need to get back. Mike let’s go.” Alex says when she notices there might be some trouble brewing.

Alex grabs Sarah’s hand, walks to the passenger side of the truck and gets in. Pete lifts himself off of the truck, makes his stance wide as he folds his arms over his chest and glares threateningly at Jimmy making sure he understands he wants him to back the hell off. He could see Danny out of the corner of his eye watching his every move just in case they try to double team him. Even though he would hate to in front of Alex and especially Sarah, he would fight them if they started something. It was a stand-off for at least a minute until the Murphy men back up into the market’s door. Pete makes sure they were out of sight before getting in the truck and driving away.