Daily Routine

So I guess with every story, we will start at the beginning. It started when I was born...

OK, maybe that's too far back. I guess it's best for you guys to know me better by getting to know my previous routine. 

I was someone who valued their sleep, no matter what time, day, etc. So imagine how I would feel when my clock would wake up at around 6 am since school would start at around 7 am. Normally, when my alarm would go, I would sleep for about 5 more minutes before getting up. Word of advice - that static will only work if you are an only child. If not, well, good luck with that.

My brother, Sam, would always bang on my door. He doesn't say anything. The loud noise says it all. Sometimes, I realise how hard it is to be the younger brother, since Sam is 5 years older than me.

When I finally get up, I would take a shower before getting changed. I don't wear anything fancy to impress anyone. Just wear a Henley shirt with jeans and trainers before heading downstairs. Like I said, mornings and I don't get along, but sometimes I don't mind if it means waking up to the smell of bacon and eggs. Every time I enter the kitchen, I always see Sully, wiping up breakfast for us. I would be the first to say that Sully isn't the best at cooking, but damn can he make a mean bacon and eggs. 

"Morning, Nate. Sam woke you up?" Sully asked. I nodded since that kind of question doesn't need a verbal answer. He knew the answer anyway. 

Soon after me, Sam would come to the kitchen as well, wearing an outfit  a bit more formal than me. Since he goes to collage, he's got to look the part. But he can't help but wear the occasional trainers.  

"You don't have to let me wake you up all the time, you know." Sam said while messing with my hair. He always does that, a sort of way of remind me that I'm the youngest. One - that doesn't help. And two - I don't need reminding. 

After breakfast, Sam and I would say our goodbyes to Sully and head to our respective schools. Sam would take his car while I would wait for the school bus. Even though I am 16 years old, I haven't got my car yet, so this will have to do. 

When it comes to the school bus, I would normally sit on the middle row of seats - not too close to the front, not too close to the back. I would sit alone, reading up on many adventure books. I mainly read non - fiction books as I could get a feel into how adventuring is really like, since I am inspired to be like them. When the bus journey is about halfway, I would be greeted by another person. A friend of mine. Raphael Adler. Or 'Rafe' as he like to be called. Like me he's into adventure, but he's more on the money side whilst I'm on the 'just for fun' part, with money as added bonus.

When  we arrive at our destination, Pinewood High School, I would head to the 'hangout area' where my friends, Charlie Cutter and Harry Flynn and including Rafe, would hang out (clues in the name) before the bell rings for school to start. 

I won't get into the details of each of my lessons. They're all basically the same thing - teacher talks, we write, ask questions, bell rings, next lesson, rinse and repeat. It doesn't help that most of my teachers are boring, especially Mr Talbot. He sounds like he should be working in the high class estate and he dresses too formal like he is 007.

I don't mind the lunches but don't expect me to have it everyday. If I'm not lazy, I would make my own snacks as lunch. After school, which finishes at around 2:30 pm, I'm not the person who stays behind to do extra work. Like I said, I was a rebellious kid. I didn't care about school work much. When I reach home, I am home alone for a while since Sam doesn't finish collage until 4 pm and Sully would be wherever. I don't really think about where he goes. When he does come back, he would make dinner and by 'make', I mean not full on ingredients in a pot. If he feels generous, he would order a quick takeaway because like I said, not the best cook. 

So yeah, That's pretty much my routine. Or was my routine. As you can see, not the most interesting, but I'm not here to impress. Just here to tell the trust. For those reading who care about work and are upset about my attitude, one - you will get that vibe for a while, so get used to it, and two - don't worry. That attitude will go away when you guys meet her the way I did. Trust me, it will be worth it.