The Right Chose

I still don't know what made me change my mind. I know it wasn't Sam and I know Elena didn't convince me. It was as if my mind was taking over so a sec, like a knock off of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. However, I do hope that I don't have an alter ego in me.

Nevertheless, here I was in the library, after school with textbooks in front of me, waiting for Elena to help me with my Maths work. I won't be surprised if the world ends right now. But I shouldn't complain. That much. At least, it is Elena who's is helping me. 

After waiting for about 10 minutes, she comes through the library door, looking pretty out of breath. 

"Hey. Are you alright?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." she said, while getting out her books. "Just had to talk to Mrs Marlowe."

"Ouch." Mrs Marlowe is a pretty strict English teacher. She's all about first impressions, so if you don't behave well on the first day, don't be surprised if she always gives you a stern look every time. Harry had to learn that the hard way. 

After Elena got everything she needed out of her bag, she sat down. 

"Right. What do you need help with?" she asked.

"Everything, I guess." She couldn't help but laugh at what I said. Well, at least I was honest.

"OK. I guess we could start around the beginning." she suggested. 

"Sounds like a good start." She then took her Maths textbook and flicked through the pages until she reached a certain page good enough to start with. 

"Do you understand this?" She showed me the page she was at.

"Kind of. Is it about graph transformations or something like that?"

"Yeah, pretty much." she smiled. "OK. So, each of these equations affect the graph in a different way. For example, f(x+3) will affect the x-axis"

"So the graph would move 3 spots to the right." I asked, while also taking notes.

"That's where people get confuse. It will actually move 3 spots to the left. Any number inside the bracket will do the opposite."

"I see." I was actually interested in what everything was said. I guess it could be the fact that it was Elena who was helping me and not Mr Roman, my Maths teacher. To me, he doesn't sound too interested in what he is teaching us, so I thought why should I care. But now I think about it, Maths would come in handy when I do adventuring. Who knows, I may be searching for someone who was a mad mathematician.  

I continued what we went through back at home. I can already see Sam and Sully telling me that I've officially gone bonkers, that I have changed my ways. I guess I just needed the right person to help me. 

I've always wondered if I made the right chose, whether actually giving a damn would be a benefit. If you had asked before, I would have said nope. Now, I know and I am confident - that I made the right chose.