Wasn't The Last Time

Even though this sounds creepy, I couldn't help but think about her. I don't know what it was but there was something about her. Elena Fisher. Firstly, I have never heard that name at school before. The thing about me is that I know most, if not everyone's name at school, even those who I have never spoke to before. There was also the fact that the only thing she was focused on was her work, but still knew what I was doing. 

"What is it about you?" I thought to myself. It was that question that sometimes kept me up. Well, at least I'll find out soon. 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I haven't seen her for the past 3 days. I shouldn't be worried about her since I only met one time, but I still felt kinda guilty of taking the book. Sure it was a great book which had an awesome twist, but it was still her book, so it had go to its rightful owner. 

I guess that she would mostly be at the library, but since the only time I'm at the library is to get a book, that proved to be against my rules. Yes, I have my own rules. 

But, if you are wondering, I did manage to see her in the end. It was during break while I was sitting in the hangout area alone. Both Harry and Charlie had a terrible cold which I was not prepared to catch and Rafe was out on a trip that day. I didn't mind being on my own, but I had nothing to do so I was bored. That was until I saw Elena. 

She was sitting opposite me, reading a book called The Wonders Of Asia. I knew I had to give her the book, but for some reason, I couldn't go up and talk to her. Now before you say it, it's not because she was a girl. I normally talk to another girl at school named Chloe Frazer. It was the fact that I feared we had different interests. I'm more comfortable talking to others to like adventure. I know it's stupid but like I said, I have my rules.

But it's one or the other. So I decided to man up and headed up to her slowly. Didn't want to scare her. 

"Um... hi." She look up and smiled. 

"Hi. Been a while." She marked her place on the book before putting it down. "Everything OK?"

"Yeah. Just...." I went into my bag and took the book out. Honestly, I really wanted to keep it, but it was hers and it was the right thing to do. Hey, I'm not all mean just because I don't care. 

"Oh. Thank you." she said, taking the book and putting it in her bag. "Did you like it?"

"Yeah. It was pretty good."

"What was your favourite part?" I was surprised by the fact she was interested in what I thought about. Guess she already read the book, and wanted to know my opinion.

"I don't know. Oh, I did like the twist." 

"Oh my gosh! I love the twist! I did not see that coming." she said with enthusiasm, which caught me by surprised. She looks like the kind of girl who seems to be more into something besides adventure. Guess the odd saying is true - don't judge a book by its cover. 

"Do you mind if...." I don't know why, but I felt kinda embarrassed in asking her if I could sit next to her, so I just pointed at he spot. Luckily, she understood and moved her stuff so I could sit next to her. 

"So," I began. "you like adventure books?" 

"Yeah. Since I want to be an journalist." That makes sense.

"I see. So like those journalists who travel around the world and make a report on it."

"Yep, that's the one." she smiled. There was something about Elena's smile that grabbed me. Don't know what, but it just does. 

"So, anyway. Are you new to this school? Haven't seen you before?" I asked.

"Yeah. Been here for about a week now. I used to live in Colorado."

"Ah. With all those mountains."

Elena chuckled. "Yep. That's my hometown." For the rest of break, we were just talking. I suddenly got interested in her life; her life in Colorado and how she is fitting in in California. I told her about my life in terms of Sam and Sully. There were some things I don't tell anyone until the right time. Soon, the bell rang and we went our own ways. Honestly, I didn't want to leave. I was right when I said there was something about her and now, I manage to see it up front. 

Elena Fisher. After that day, I hoped it wouldn't be the last time. Luckily, it wasn't and it only got better afterwards.