Meeting The Family Part 1

It had been almost 2 weeks since Elena has been helping me and honestly, it has helped me a lot. The last report Sully got saw a great improvement in my grades. He asked me how this happened considering how I didn't give a crap about school work before. I didn't tell him about my situation, but I would let him guess every once in a while. Little did I know, the day of them knowing the truth would come sooner than I excepted. 

It was a Saturday morning, close to the afternoon. I was hanging in my room, playing a running game on my phone. Sam was downstairs doing something, I don't know, and Sully went out to get more food for the house. After what felt like 5 minutes, I heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in." I said, not looking up from my phone. Sam came through the door, with the house phone in his hand. 

"Your friend is on the phone. Wants to talk to you." he said and handed me the phone before leaving. 

"Hello?"

"Hey, Nate." I was surprised to hear Elena through the house phone, but still glad to hear her voice during the weekend. 

"Hey, Elena. How are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks. Anyway, I have some pretty bad news to tell you."

I frowned from hearing this. "Really? What is it?"

She sighed before continuing. "An event has come up. I won't tell you what it is, but the event will prevent from attending school on Monday, meaning I won't be able to help you with your Maths work."

"But I got a test soon."

"I know. I'm sorry, but I'll make it up to you the next day." I could hear she was just as disappointed as I am. There was no way I am going to see Mr Roman. But the event sounds important, so there was nothing I could do. 

Then an idea came to my head.

"Hey, are you free today?"

"Yeah. Why?" she asked, sounding confused. 

"Maybe you could... come over to my house and help me there." It took me a while to realise what I just said. Whether it was a bad idea or not didn't cross my mind. I guess I was that desperate, which is never a good thing. 

"You know, that's not a bad idea. I could come at around 35 minutes from now."

"Sounds right. I'll see you soon, then."

"Yeah, see ya." She then hanged up. Now I have to make sure both Sam and Sully doesn't embarrass me. Great(!). Now I have turned into those people. 

I went downstairs to put the phone away and saw Sam in the living room, watching something. 

"Hey. Whatcha watching?" I asked. 

"The Walking Dead. Now shush." he said, quite sternly. 

"Of course." I mumbled to myself. "Anyway, can I ask you something?"

Sam moaned. "OK, but make it quick. About to find out who he kills." 

"OK. What do you do if your friend is coming over and your family could embarrass you?" Sam turned around and made a sarcastic face, knowing I was talking about him. 

"Your friend coming over?" he asked while facing the TV. 

"Yeah. She's coming to help me with my work." I realised what I said, but it was too late as Sam was looking at me with a surprised face. 

"So that's how you are getting good grades now." He then shrugged his shoulders. "Well, at least you are caring about work now."

"Yeah. Anyway, please don't embarrass her." I pleaded. 

Sam smiled. "I won't, but you better hope she comes before Sully does." he reminded me. 

"Yeah. Let's hope." I said. As I headed upstairs, Sam made a loud scream. 

"What's wrong now?" I asked, sounding pretty ignored. 

"That bastard killed Glenn! Out of all the...!" he placed his hands on his face, so I couldn't hear him cursing. But I didn't really care. All I cared was that they don't make a fool out of themselves and me.