Meeting The Family Part 2

30 minutes later, I was still lying on my bed with books on the table, waiting for Elena to get here. I don't know why I was anxious since it wasn't like we were going on a date. I guess the possibility that Sam and Sully could embarrass me might have gotten into me. 

Soon, I heard the doorbell ringing. I quickly got up and ran downstairs before Sam could get up himself to open the door. Once I reached the door, I took a deep breath before reaching for the doorknob and opening the door. 

"Took you long enough." I jokingly said to Elena. 

She smiled before entering the house. "Sorry for keeping you waiting." 

"Nah. It's OK." I said, closing the door behind me. 

"Hey, Nathan. Whose that at the door?" I swear my heart stopped for a moment once I heard Sam. I took a deep breath as Sam came through the door. It's the moment of truth. 

"Hey, Sam. This is my friend, Elena." I introduced Sam to Elena. 

"Nice to meet you." Sam said, reaching out his hand for Elena to shake. "I'm Sam, Nathan's older brother." 

"Older?" Elena said surprisingly before turning to face me. "You never told me you had a brother." she reminded me. 

I just shrugged my shoulders. "Guess I didn't felt like it." 

Elena shrugged back before facing Sam. "Well, it's nice to meet you too." 

After that introduction, we went downstairs into my room and started studying. She helped me with Maths once again, mainly algebra as it was getting me a headache. We had been going through this for about an hour and surprisingly, that didn't bother me. Normally, it would since I have a short attention spam, but I didn't even notice it had been an hour. It could be due to the fact that it was Elena helping me. I said this before, she really made me see things different.

Suddenly, I was startled by the sound of the door knocking. Guess I was too focused on the work at hand. 

"Yeah, come in." I said. The door opened and I was surprised to see Sully at the door. 

"Hey, Nate. You're right?" he asked. I nodded and remembered that Elena was still here. 

He noticed her himself and looked surprised himself. "Oh. Hello there." he said, waving at her. 

She smiled and waved back. "Hello. Nice to meet you." She got up from her seat and shook hands with him. 

"Elena Fisher." she introduced herself. 

"Name's Victor Sullivan. Sully if you want." Elena smiled back before returning to her seat and Sully left the room. 

"Now you met the whole family." I said to her. 

"Yeah. Your dad is pretty nice." I froze when she said that. I felt my heart had stopped for a moment. I didn't know how long I was frozen for since I heard Elena calling my name. 

"Yeah? What is it?" I asked, trying not to show how I really feel. 

"Are you OK?" she asked with concern. 

"Yeah. I'm OK. It's just... Sully isn't my dad." I told her. I saw her eyes grew big from realising what she said. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know. I thought...." 

"It's OK. It's OK. It's a mistake that most people make. You are not the first." I didn't want her to know how I truly felt about this. Not about the fact that Sully is the one taking care of Sam and I, but the fact that I barely see my father about, since he is always getting himself into trouble. I just don't want her to worry about me. 

We continue to study for about 30 minutes more before she had to leave. To me, it was a bittersweet moment, but I was glad I was able to be with her for the day. It definitely made the weekend much better. 

And to top it all off, Sam and Sully didn't embarrass me. That's definitely a first.