In The Cell

Sabine's POV

"So what now?" Zeb asked me and Hera.

"I don't know." I said and sat down on the cold floor.

"Hey Sabine, this place could use some color and the Empire didn't take your paint." Hera said and I realized I still had paint strapped to my belt.

"I'm not in the mood." I said as I faced the wall.

"What do you think, they're going to do to us?" Zeb asked.

"Probably torture information out of us, kill us, or send us to a slave camp." I snapped.

Hera shook her head.

"Hera, they have Chopper." Zeb told Hera.

"I know Zeb, we messed up and now hundreds of good people will pay for it with their life." Hera responded. "They'll find the base, attack and kill."

I frowned. "So this is it, after all we fought for, this is it." I said and started to cry.

"I guess it is." Hera said and the first time since Kanan died she cried with me.

I  scooted over to her and laid my head on her shoulder. She smiled and we both continued to cry silent tears.

"To think." I chocked out. "This is how it all ended."

"And at the hands of our friend, no less." Zeb added from the corner.

I heard him get up, he walked over to us and sat behind the two of us.

"Zeb, what are-" I started but before I could finish, Zeb wrapped his arms around the two of us.

"Thanks Zeb." I said to my space brother.

"No problem, Sabine." He responded and I could hear his voice wavering.

We sat there in silence for a while.

"Do you think, we have any sort of hope with Chopper?" Zeb piped up.

I laughed. "I'm sure we do."

"So about that paint..." Hera started.

"Well, if these are the last free moments I have." I laughed and wiped away my tears. "Let's not waste it crying." I stood up and pulled Hera up.

"Girls." Zeb said and put out both his arms.

We both laughed.

"We'll try." I said as I grabbed one of Zeb's hands and Hera grabbed the other, surprisingly he wasn't that hard to pull up.

"Thanks." He said now on his feet.

I pulled out a paint can and handed one to each of them.

"You get a wall and you get a wall." I told them and pointed to the empty walls around us.

"Paint cans up, sprayers ready, GO." I said and started to paint my side.

We painted for a while and we laughed and joked and had fun like we hadn't in ages.

"Done." Zeb said. "I win."

"Zeb, it isn't the fastest, it's the best that wins." I said and added my finishing touches.

"Well, I'm done too." Hera said and took a step back to admire her work.

"You are just too fast." I said and smiled as I finally finished up my piece. "Done." I said and we each looked at each other's work.