It's Been a Long Time

Tekara's POV

My eyes fluttered awake. Where am I? I thought and tried to move, I was held down and I felt someone above me, moving. I looked around and saw I was in my old room and appeared to be strapped to a bed, by some cargo straps. I sighed and heard more movement above me. I looked around and sat up, breaking the straps with the force.

"That's much better." I exclaimed, climbing out of the bed.

I saw Sabine, clearly surprised that I got free hop down from the top bunk. She seemed nervous like she didn't know what to do, I did. I pushed past her and walked to the cockpit and sat down next to a surprised Zeb.

"Tekara!" Zeb said and jumped on me.

He held me down pressed to the seat. I don't want to hurt him. A part of me whispered. He's no longer your friend he's a traitor. I thought pushing back the whisper.

"Let me go!" I said and force pushed him off of me with my renewed anger, he flew across the cockpit and hit the back wall, hard.

Sabine ran in at the sound of the crash of Zeb's body on the metal, she leaned over him to check on him.

"Ezra..." She whispered as I heard Eights and Chopper come in, I walked up to Sabine.

"My name's not Ezra." I said and pushed her down.

She staggered back, clearly hurt and I turned back to the cockpit again and I felt Eights coming up behind me but I was too late. He shot me again with the syringe and the familiar security of darkness overcame me once more.

I felt as if a few more hours passed, and I began to flutter awake.

"So what do we do with him?" I heard a voice say and I decided it was best to fake still being asleep.

"I really don't know." Hera said.

Hera! Something inside of me screamed. No I don't need her. I pushed it down once again. Think of your training think of your training.

"We can't let him go, but I don't know if we can hold a person of his abilities." Hera brainstormed. "And tell me again why you brought him Eights.

"I just thought I could help you guys, I know about his past I wanted someone to have a happy ending even if I couldn't." He said and I had to stifle laughter. No one ever has a happy ending in this universe.

"Ok then." She said. "Anymore ideas?"

"Why can't we try and talk to him? I know there is still good in him." Sabine said.

"I believe you Sabine I just don't think." I felt her gaze on me. "It'll work."

"Please let me try." Sabine begged.

"Sabine he could kill you." Hera said.

"Ezra wouldn't." She said, and I could feel her tears.

Just get up tell her it's ok. I had to push that back again.

"Ezra would never, but Sabine Tekara would." Zeb said.

She sighed and looked down.

"I can't live like this anymore." She said.