A Deadly Threat

Ezra's POV

Sabine pulled away from me and I smiled. And I tried to sit up but I was held back down. I saw I was cuffed and strapped to the medical bed.

"He's up." Hera said and came over. "How do you feel?"

"A little nauseous." I said and Sabine shot me a look.

"No not from the kiss." I said and Zeb walked up to the bed.

Sabine smiled.

"Can I at least be allowed to sit up?" I asked, feeling awkward laying down.

"Sure." Hera said and released the strap going across my chest.

"Thanks." I said and sat up, then I remembered what I did. "I'm so sorry Sabine, I have no excuse for what I did to you, I'm glad you'll still alive and I didn't kill you." Sorry that I didn't succeed.  Sorry that I was too weak to kill her. I pushed those thoughts to the back of my head.

"It wasn't you Ezra." She said.

"But what if it was, what if I do kill you, what if I continue to hurt you without trying." I said and sighed.

"It wasn't you." She said again and looked into my eyes and I looked away.

"Hera didn't you have something to tell them." Zeb asked Hera and she nodded.

"I do, I was going to wait till you both were up to tell you." She started a little nervous.

"What is it Hera?" I asked worried.

"It appears when the medical droid was examining you, Ezra. You appear to have some sort of bionic implant placed in your neck." She said.

"What does that mean?" I asked, trying to pull my hands to my neck but they were cuffed together.

"They examined the implant and it appears to have some sort of memory control over you. We have seen this technology a few times before, briefly mentioned in some files on the ships that we stole." Hera told me and Sabine began to tear up.

"Does that mean the Empire can track me?" I asked panicked.

"It appears to have no tracking capabilities, it's only focused on being connected to your brain, and it appears that there is no way to plug into it they can change it remotely." She answered.

"That makes me feel more nervous." I said and I saw Sabine walk behind me.

"I don't see anything." Sabine said.

"That's because it is under his skin." Hera said and Sabine nodded. "The droid's scans picked it up."

"I wonder if Eights has one too?" I said remembering my friend. "Where is he anyway?"

"Waffle party with Chopper." Zeb answered and I nodded.

I remembered that I had some important to tell them, something I had been helping working on for a few years but for the life of me I couldn't remember.

"Can we at least take the straps and cuffs off, Ezra?" Sabine asked.

"No." Me and Hera said almost simultaneously.

"I'm too unstable, I don't want to hurt you and if that means being cuffed and strapped to a table then that will have to do." I said.

She looked down.

"We need a plan to get this chip out of Ezra." Hera said. "And maybe that will solve a few problems."

"Yeah." Sabine said.

"We could do surgery to remove it." Hera said.

"Ok I'm good with that I just want whatever this is out of my neck." I said, reaching for my neck again.

"We should be able to operate tomorrow, you two need your rest." She told us.

"That works for me." I said and Sabine nodded.

"Sleep well you two." Zeb said and deactivated the ray shield and the three of them walked out.

"Night, Ezra." Sabine said.

"Night, Sabine." I said.

Hera pressed a few buttons and the straps and cuffs fell away. The ray shield reactivated and they walked out of eye sight.

I got up and walked around trying to get my blood pumping. I then laid back down on the medic bed and tried to get to sleep when a memory played in my mind.

"Sabine don't do this!" I screamed at her.

"I will do what I must." She said holding a blade to Kanan's neck.

"Please don't." I told her running to stop her, but I was too late she swiftly pushed the blade to his neck and he started to bleed.

"Kanan!" I yelled, force pushing her away and running up to him. "Don't go please."

"I.....love..." Kanan stuttered as his head rolled back and he died in my arms.

"You'll pay." I yelled at Sabine as she ran though the ship and I chased her, I saw her run into the Ghost and I saw them fly off.

"You'll pay!" I yelled to space. "I'll make you pay!"

I woke up, sweating. It's not real, it's not real. I told myself. Sabine never did that, she didn't, I did. But I couldn't shake Sabine's face right before she 'killed' Kanan it looked so real, and before I knew it more wrong memories came pouring into my mind and I was helpless to stop them, I sat there motionless while my view of the galaxy was shaken once again.

They mostly involved someone of the Ghost crew killing Kanan in some horrible way, they were all slow and painful deaths for Kanan.

A few of them involved my parents killed not by the Empire but by the rebellion itself. What they worked so hard to support killed them anyway.

Various Ahsoka scenarios played in my head  from Kanan killing her to her killing me.

Sabine killing me, Sabine dying, Sabine joining the Empire, Sabine killing my friends, Sabine being stabbed in the heart, me killing her.

I was lost in a spiral of confusion, death and destruction until I finally was shot out of it and woke up.